Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Tuesday and the Celebration of Life

Lots of stuff going on this week. In a little while I will bake my cherry pie cake and take it out to church at 9:00 before I take the cakes to Independence. I have five in my trunk. Then I will come back to church to help Leslie and Sue with the preparations for the 10:30 Celebration of Life. While they are gone to take the ashes to Independence, I may have time to run home to the hospital and go see how Karan and Bobby are doing. Then back to the church for the 12:30 lunch for the family. After we clean up after that, maybe I can spend some time with Karan at the hospital. She may have lots of company there because she is very popular.

I slept well last night. I went to sleep praying for Karan and Bobby. They are going to need to be aware of God's spirit right there with them helping them to get through all this.

Now Missy is waiting patiently for her treats and I need to get something down for breakfast and get that dessert in the oven too.

So more later....

Well, I got the dessert finished and will leave at 8:30 to take it out to the church. Then on to Independence to take the cakes in to the First Christian Church. Then back to the church for the service at 10:30.  The dinner isn't until 12:30 or 1:00 so I will have time then to decide whether to run in to town to see Bobby and Karan at the hospital.

Leslie and I will go in this afternoon late or early this evening to administer to and pray for Bobby.


Karan just called with some more news about Bobby’s tests. Dr. Gillis believes it’s cancer…metastasized  from some other site. They are calling in an oncologist and a radiologist today to do further testing. They will be in the hospital today and tomorrow and probably release him on Thursday to go home until a treatment of some sort can be discussed. The radiologist will scan his chest and his stomach to try to find the original site.

Please continue to keep both of them in your prayers.  So far, Karan is being strong…realizing this is all out of her hands.

More even later.

It was a huge afternoon with the services and then the dinner.  I did all the dishes and everything ran late. Otherwise, everyone pitched in and the dinner itself went really well. I got home about 2:30. I had been gone since 8:20 this morning. I took the cakes to Independence after leaving my dessert at the church and helping Leslie decorate.  Then I came back to the church at 9:00 and again helped Leslie do some more decorating.

The service started at 10:30...at least they were supposed to have. The daughter of the deceased ran late and wanted to go into the sanctuary and do some decorating after the mourners were already seated.  I stopped her and had her put her decorations in the foyer. Then the mourners straggled in until 10:45.  Finally the service was over by 11:30 and they all went to the cemetery in Independence to leave the urn  next to the grave of the daughter's stepdad.

They didn't get back until 1:00...again the daughter held everything up.  The dinner was done and cleaned up by 2:30 but that same daughter was still there.....piddling around....a classic case of only childitis.  Ever since I've known that woman, it's always been all about her. She never considers the anyone else's time.

She wants Leslie to take her home and I'll bet a dollar she will hold her up ....just talking to her. We have an appointment to go to the hospital to anoint and pray for Bobby. But that will not even occur to her.

Grrrr...I know, I'm completely unchristian this afternoon. This woman stretches me to the utmost bounds. Dear Lord, I have to apologize.

Leslie will call me when she can get to town to go to the hospital.

Leslie and I went to the hospital and prayed over Bobby.  They still don't have a definitive diagnosis.  Now they are calling them two lesions.  I'll have to google the difference.

Bob is not coming over this evening and I have to admit I'm glad. We are both exhausted after this day.

No comments: