Monday, January 25, 2016

Monday and Cleaning and Laundry

I slept like a log last night and got up at 5:00 to strip the bed and start the laundry. I've had my breakfast and fed Missy. I've even been out on the carport to sweep up the leaves and let Missy out. It's 48 degrees out there. Missy was so happy about the weather that she ran out and went exploring. I had to get my flashlight to go find her over at Marilyn's apartment across the way. About that time one of David's friends that lives over there across the street in David's house started his motor and took off for breakfast or work (who knows which). Anyhow his motor scared Missy and she came running for the door and wanted back in.

When the laundry dries, I will remake my bed and start the cleaning. I don't vacuum until after 8:00 because I don't know how much noise Jeannie, who's apartment backs up to mine, gets from my apartment.

I had the butcher cut a roast in half for me day before yesterday and so Bob and I will have roast beef, potatoes, salad and perhaps carrots for lunch/dinner.  I have brownies for dessert too. I took them to church yesterday with the coffee cake and gave the brownies to Bill but when he left, he forgot them. So...I brought them back home again.  We will eat them. I will bake some sort of bars for the game day Wednesday afternoon.

Other then that, I have to bake my cake for the First Christian Church in Independence and take them up there tomorrow. I usually have four...sometimes five ...if my neighbor, Marilyn, bakes one for us.

I will ice it in the morning.

Missy is adventurous this morning. A while ago, she hopped up on the back of the sofa and walked across it to the lamp table at the end of the sofa. Then she jumped down on that. I didn't know her old bones could even tolerate all that.  She will be 13 in March.

More later....

I got my bed remade and the apartment cleaned  and dinner in the crock pot.

Dinner was about ready when I heard from Bob that Dennis, his son, needed some more Resume's. Dennis is looking for a job. I ran off ten resume's and ten references.  Then he asked if Dennis could come for lunch and I told him "yes" and I would set another place at the table. I sent the leftovers home with Dennis.

Now I need to bake my cake for the First Christian Church tomorrow. I updated Dennis' resume' on Kansas Works. Hopefully he will find something soon. He has been out of work about six or eight weeks.


More later....

I got my cake finished and iced and everyone else brought me their's too.  Then I downloaded another book and began reading. It is the new Alexander Hamilton biography. So far it is very interesting! I had read about Hamilton as a teenager and did a theme on his life.  Now I will find out how much more this author has learned about this very secretive man. He was born out of wedlock and it is thought his mother was half black. We will see.

About 5:30 Bob brought his cake over and stayed until almost 7:00 to watch the news here.  When he left, I took my bath and Misy and I watched Dateline on TV until 9:30. Then we went to bed.

No comments: