Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thursday and a Trip Out of Town

I slept well last night and got up at my usual 5:00 AM. I started a load of laundry. I am all dressed and ready for the day at 6:15 and have even had my breakfast and coffee.

Bob and I plan to go to Owasso today while the weather is mild. We are both housebound during cold weather. I gave him a book to read and am reading one myself on my Kindle.

I am ready for Olive Garden. That's where we are going. We were going to go to Joplin to see Mike at the hospital there but he was supposed to have been released yesterday and his daughter was to take him home to Cherryvale.

I will contact Laura and/or Mike before we leave for Owasso and make sure he did go home. If not, we will go to Joplin instead.

I am ready for spring! We are forecast for my cold weather for next Wednesday and snow. I am hoping it misses us. We have only had two small snows here but I don't want any more. Our new landlady doesn't clear snow like Wayne did. In fact, she does as little as she can for us. Last spring she didn't even clear the piles of leaves away from my old air conditioning unit before time to turn it on. I took my blower and blew the leaves into the back yard.

The kids that live in the apartment where Bob used to live (two doors over in the fourplex), are being evicted this week. They haven't paid the January rent and he quit his job after expecting to go into the National Guard right away after enlisting.  That was three months ago and he still hasn't been called up. Then Braums cut the hours on his girlfriend and cut her to three hours a day. So they have been struggling. If he had not quit his job they would probably have been alright. Kids! He's 20 and she's 18.

Well, we went to Owasso and had a great lunch at Olive Garden. Then we walked all over the place and looked at stuff. I didn't buy anything and Bob went to their Walmart Superstore and bought a new shower curtain and liner for his shower.

When we got back to Coffeyville, he dropped me off and then went on home to take his nap.

More later....

This may be like my son's new home.





Wouldn't that be lovely?

Bob came over at 5:00 to watch the news and also read the newspaper. He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and etc. I got to bed a little after 9:00. I watched the Mentalist on TV after watching This Old House.

No comments: