Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday and Church

Today I will pick up Bob at 8:55 to go to church. His car will probably have frost on the windshield and he does not need to be out in the cold scraping his windows. He is still fighting a cold. I have baked my coffeecake and I take it for the church school classes. My little great granddaughters look forward to it. I still have to glaze it after it cools.

I slept really well last night. The apartment was chilly and that always helps.

Missy wanted to go out this morning but it is very cold out there and I refused to let her out. It's 9 degrees out there. She would freeze in no time. Now she's in on the daybed pouting.

I don't know where we will eat lunch today after church. I always have to ask my daughter or her husband, John. About eight to ten of us eat together somewhere most of the time.  Last Sunday they wanted to got to Hong Kong Delight and I refuse to go there. They add 18% to each ticket because there are more then eight of us. Around here, that's unheard of.

Keith called again last night. We had a nice visit. He is so good about checking in with me. What great kids I have.

I'd better get that coffeecake iced. It's nearly eight now.

More later...

I took the spaghetti over to Karan and Bobby. Bobby is the guy with an inoperable brain tumor from church. He is feeling bad today and had a headache and I didn't think Karan needed to think about dinner so I just thought I'd share. I also took over the garlic toast. 

The coffeecake worked out well.  Church school did too.  The worship service was neat.

We ate at El Pueblo..at least three of us did. My daughter and her husband and the great grandchildren went to McDonald's.

I came home and did my letters and then went to Wal Mart to get coffee and another basket for the church. The basket is for the groceries we take to church for distribution to some elderly folks who are raising their grandchildren. The coffee is for the church kitchen. We fix coffee every Sunday morning and Bob and I take turns making a fancy bread or coffeecake to eat with it. The "greats" really look forward to that.

More later....

I got my newsletters done after I got home from lunch. Then I read all afternoon.  I went to the Dollar General store and bought a couple of birthday cards.

Bob came over until 7:00  and then went home to watch TV at his apartment.  I took my bath and sat with Missy awhile in the recliner. I went to bed about 9:00.  I was very tired.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Margie every time I come here you make me hungry!! :) Your home must always be suffused with the wonderful scent of something baking in your kitchen :)

Margie's Musings said...

I do cook, Deb. But only one meal a day. Thanks for visiting my blog!