Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

I will pick up Bob in about an hour and a half and we will go to Sirloin Stockade for breakfast. He is still fighting that cold. It's been at least two weeks. I've never heard of a cold hanging on that long.  His immune system must not be all that strong. He wasn't up to coming over last night. That cold is really zapping him. I read all evening. There was nothing on TV.

I slept like a rock last night and only woke up once. Then I got right back to sleep.

I don't know what, if anything, we will do today.  It's supposed to snow off and on all day. It hasn't started yet. I may just read again.

I logged onto to my facebook account this morning and Leslie had posted another photo of the Corgi puppies. They are so cute. She says "out like a light".  They are really growing.



Keith called yesterday and in our conversation he told me they intended to give me one of the puppies as a gift. It's good that they didn't. I am not allowed to have pets here in the fourplex. I have Missy because she was grandfathered in.  I would have loved one but it just isn't possible.

More new news is my son's home...going up in Florida.

 

More later....

Bob came over just about noon and did his laundry. Then later, he went to Pizza Hut and bought a Pizza which is what we ended up having for lunch/dinner.   He read the paper and then went home. I read all morning and also all afternoon. It was too cold to get out.

He will not be back this evening. His cold is better and he doesn't want to push it.

Keith called this afternoon and we had a good visit.They are continuing to work on their house. He told me about the latest. They are putting modern windows in it and those with gas between the panes. My experience with those in two different houses is not too good. Eventually the gas manages to leak out.  That clouds the glass.

I guess I will take my bath and relax this evening.

No comments: