Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Wednesday and Bunco

This afternoon, I will go play Bunco at the senior center. It's something different to do and it's fun. I don't think Bob will go. He's still suffering from his cold. Also I need to get something together for a snack for the party.

I've decided we will have chicken for lunch/dinner...with mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie and coleslaw. I will make pudding for dessert and we still have chocolate chip cookies.

I need to go to the market today. I didn't get there yesterday and I still need a few things. It's supposed to rain today and I want to get there early before that starts.

So far, I don't have Bob's cold. I have tried hard not to get too close to him and definitely wash his napkin every time we eat here.  I have enough problems with my allergies.

Tomorrow will be busy. I will go to Ministerial Alliance at noon and that means Bob will be on his own for lunch. Then at 3:00 I have a committee meeting to help plan the Martin Luther King service we will have later this month.

Friday is free.

Dinner turned out fine. We enjoyed the chicken Bob brought from Wal Mart. It was chicken  breast pieces and it worked out fine. After I browned it, I poured some of the potato water into the skillet and put a lid on it and turned down the heat to steam it. We had mashed potatoes and gravy and corn and coleslaw.

Bunco was fun. I enjoyed the fellowship. I took brownies and all but two were eaten. I gave the last two to Marilyn R.  Many asked about Bob and I told them he was still fighting his cold.

Next Wednesday Asbury will offer Bingo at the senior center.  The following Wednesday will be games. That should keep us busy this winter.

This is some of the group that played today. This my neighbor, Marilyn R.

As you can see, some are not in the greatest shape but we all had fun.

More later...

Bob went home this evening a little early. He is still fighting his cold.  I took my bath and sat with Missy until 8:30. For some reason, I was very tired and went to bed early. I slept pretty well although I did wake up twice and went right back to sleep.

No comments: