Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday and Communion at Church

Today is Communion Sunday at our church. In our tradition we serve communion once a month on the first Sunday of the month.

I slept well last night and got up early enough to shampoo my hair and use a curling iron on it.  It looked terrible today. I need a hair trim and that's this Tuesday. Anyhow it's clean now at least.

We will all eat out together after church. I asked Marilyn R if she wanted to go to church with us today but she said in cold weather she just likes to sleep in. So I will pick up Bob at 9:00. His windshield will be frosted over and he would have to scrape it. With his cold, he doesn't need to do that. He is making his pumpkin bread today. I texted him this morning and his cold isn't much better.

I need to figure out what to fix for dinner tomorrow. I am so tired of cooking it's hard to come up with something different.   We may have spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic bread and coleslaw and a veggie. I still have fruit and now I have cookies again too.

More later....

Corgi puppies still growing.

 

Cute, aren't they?

I went to lunch with six of the congregation and we went to Sirloin Stockade. Bob was feeling pretty bad so I took him home instead of going with us. The six of us had a good visit and stayed until 2:00. Then I came home and did my usual Sunday newsletters.  After that, I went to get gas for my car.

My friend, Elnora, called me and talked about fifteen minutes telling me about her new resolution to start her yoga meditation again.  That would be good for her. She has had a hard life and has got back on track again. She is sure the meditation will help.

My gas was up again. It was $1.59 a gallon. But that's still cheap. I also stopped at Braums and got garlic bread for our spaghetti tomorrow. Bob will bring coleslaw.

We have our Living the Questions  group meeting tonight at Marilyn's. I will pick up Gary at 6:50 or so. I don't know whether Bob will be up to going or not.  I will know closer to 6:00, I imagine.

More later...

Bob came over to read the paper but just wasn't up to the group tonight.  He went home to stay in out of the cold.  I watched the rest of the Chief's/Raiders game and the Chiefs won it 26 to 17. All Oakland needed was one touchdown to win but they just couldn't pull it off. They were underdogs most of the game. But right at the last, the Chiefs got careless and almost lost it.

Now I had to tell Missy I was going to be gone all evening to the Living the Questions group meeting.  She was looking forward to spending the evening in my lap I could tell. Not tonight. I have to go pick up Gary in about ten minutes.  I wil be gone until about 8:30, I imagine.

This is how the kitchen of my son and daughter-in-law's new home will look when it's finished. Pretty nice, huh? I am dying to see it next Spring.


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The pups are precious.

Margie's Musings said...

Aren't they?

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Those corgi puppies are the cutest little things with their short, fat little legs. It must be fun to watch the whole litter running around.

Margie's Musings said...

It is, Susie. I have really enjoyed watching them grow.