Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thursday and Relaxation

Today I will do little but bake cookies this afternoon. It has been a busy week. In fact, Bob suggested we go to Independence and have lunch at their Eggberts. That would give me a break from cooking. Then Friday, after exercises, we will have some of Karan's homemade veggie soup. She sent that home for us yesterday when I took her the rest of our Chicken Pie.

I slept fitfully last night but finally got back to sleep. I got up about 5:00 AM.

It's unbelievable that Trump is still leading the pack of the Republican party. He is such a mess. It definitely is not a typical political season.  He would be a terrible embarrassment to the country if he were elected president. We have to remember that it is very difficult to have an poll that is accurate. Too many of us have cell phones and many of those people with land lines do not actually vote. Many voters, in fact, do not make up their minds until just before the election itself.

More later...     

Bob came over  at 9:00 this morning to do a small load of laundry. Over at his apartment they only have one size load and that is large. He is gone now to talk to his apartment manager.  His frig is leaking.  He wants her to get maintenance to work on it.

He will be back a little later to pick me up to go to Independence for lunch.

This is the idea my son and his wife plan for their front porch. I think that brick adds charm.

This is how they want their driveway to look.





We ate lunch in Independence at Eggberts. It wasn't much better then Coffeyville's Eggberts. The chicken fried chicken was good but the mashed potatoes were cold.

Now I'm going to make the cookies.

More later...

Well, the cookies are finished and I've had a couple before I put them away. It's 3:00 now and in an hour or so we will have a newspaper here in the fourplex.  I read it and then I do the crossword puzzle.

More even later...

I read all the rest of the afternoon and swept leaves away from my doorway. I did that four times yesterday and the winds just kept blowing them in over and over. Finally I bagged them. That won't be  a permanent fix  but at least the leaves I sweep today will not be the same ones. 

Bob came over at 5:00 to read the paper and watch the news.

My Cox Cable went up $5.00 this month and is now $83.00 a month. That includes $29.95 for my internet.  It just continues to keep going up. I called yesterday to get it back to basic and found I would only save $10.00 and would lose a lot of channels. You just can't win with cable.

After Bob left I took my bath and watched TV then at 9:30, Missy and I went to bed.

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Hi Margie! Just popping in to say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment today. I appreciate the prayers for my hubby! xo Diana

Margie's Musings said...

I so hope he will be all right, Diana. He has been through so much already.

Galla Creek said...

Love the porch!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three!