Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday and Watering My Plants

I slept really well after such a big day yesterday. I had a text from Bob and he did too.

I have made my bed, dressed, made up my face, ironed a shirt and checked my e-mail already. Missy and I went outside while I watered my flowers.  I have had my breakfast and I will work on this blog and then start cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. I have decided to clean my apartment one room per day. Vacuuming the entire five rooms on Monday makes my right hand very swollen and sore. That's the result of all that scanning of bar codes at the library last year. It left me with a very sore and swollen right thumb joint.  So to avoid the irritation, I will just clean one room a day. Today I will do the kitchen and bathroom. Then tomorrow I will do the den. Wednesday I will do the bedroom and Thursday I will do the living room and Friday I will do the dining room. We'll see how that goes.

I filled the bird feeder again this morning after I watered. I don't know why I watered. It's supposed to rain today or tomorrow. In fact, we are to have severe weather tomorrow perhaps with hail. Maybe it will miss us. I have my hair appointment tomorrow in Independence and also am supposed to balance Juanita's checkbook. We will also eat at Big Cheese afterward. I hope I don't run into hail.

We will have chicken tenders with mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and salad. I will fix some pudding for dessert.  This afternoon I hope to bake peanut butter cookies.

Well, if I am going to clean the bathroom and kitchen before exercise class, I'd better get with it. It's already 7:30.

More later...

I ended up cleaning the bathroom and kitchen and also vacuuming the den and dining room. Tomorrow, I will vacuum my bedroom and the living room. 

We attended exercise class and we had the lunch I had planned. Afterward Bob and I went up to US Cellular and priced  a plan for him. For $30.00 he can have 500 minutes per month. For $35.00 he can have unlimited calling and texting. After he uses up the minutes he already has on his Track Phone he will use my old flip phone and transfer his service to a more reliable carrier.  Right now, we have to text since he cannot receive a call in the Sycamore Landing building. And sometimes it takes 20 minutes for my text to reach him. It sometimes says "No Service" and he has to reboot to get his calls and messages. That's not practical at our age. We need the phone for emergencies.

He came back to watch the news later in the evening. After he left I tried to watch some TV but I was just too tired.  Missy and I went to bed at 8:30. 

No comments: