Saturday, April 30, 2016

Saturday and the Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast.

This morning about 7:00 or 7:30, I will go to the Lion's Club pancake breakfast. I have stripped my bed and am doing what laundry I had accumulated. By the time I get home again, the sheets etc. will be dry. Then I will remake the bed and put away everything else.

I'm waiting to see what the weather is going to do today. We missed the storm yesterday evening. It went a little north of us. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today besides this laundry.

Missy is waiting patiently for daylight. She wants to go outside. This cat just loves to be outside. I have taken her out quite a bit lately. I have left her out by herself some...but not a lot. I'm afraid she'll find some trouble out there with three cats that roam the neighborhood.

I haven't decided what to have for lunch yet. I want something light because breakfast will be heavy. I'll have to look at my recipe book. I'd like some kind of soup. That would be good and also light. I did have soup and salad at Olive Garden Thursday. I'll have to give it some thought.

More later....

I went to the pancake breakfast about an hour ago and the stopped to wash my car. I do that once a week because it sets under a carport and there is no way to keep it clean.  I then come home and wipe the windows down.

I also stopped at the bank ATM and got some money for the next week. I still haven't decided what to have for lunch...whatever it is, it will be late afternoon before I want it. Pancakes are so filling.

More later...

After Bob finished at the pancake feed, we went out to the church and checked for damage.  There was none. Then we went on to Goody's in Independence and I bought a sale top and a summer purse.  After that, we went to Big Cheese and had a mini pizza and a root beer.

Then we came back to Coffeyville and he took me home.  He will probably take a nap.

Bob came over after  his nap and we watched the news. He went home about 7:00 and I got my bath over with and watched TV with Missy until slightly after 9:00, when she and I went to bed.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I had to smile about your concern in regards to Missy getting into trouble. When I was raising my boys, our cats were outdoor cats and always bringing mice and things to the doorstep ( UGH ) and one of them would catch SNAKES in a creek below our place and bring them ALIVE to the doorstep and I always had the heebie-jeebies about snakes. Needless to say when I was on my own and got Kanga I decided she could stay indoors ! :)
SO down the street my son and DIL have cats now and let them outside and there is always some dead mole or mouse that they caught and guess who wants to go roll in that? Merle the puppy, lol! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Wow, Deb. Missy has never done that! She does have a personality all her own though.