Monday, May 30, 2016

Monday Memorial Day

I slept pretty well last night. Today I will do my laundry and clean and kitchen and bathroom. I'm not sure what else I will do at this point. Tomorrow I need to get my blood pressure medicine refilled before Leslie and I leave for Independence, Missouri, on Saturday.

But today I will need to get my cake baked for the First Christian Church.  Bob and I will take them up to Independence, Kansas, in the morning when I go to get my hair done. I may need to remind Karan. Phyllis will remember and Bob remembered. We talked about it last evening when he was over here.

While he was here and we were searching for something besides 60 Minutes to watch, we noticed that QVC had the Bose music system on sale for $100 off the regular price and free shipping. He has always wanted one so he bit the bullet and ordered it. Now he will need to get his living room rearranged so he can position it where he can use it best.  I told him I would help him move his furniture. He doesn't have a lot to move but will need help with the recliner, desk and sofa.  We will do that pretty soon because his Bose system will probably be here this week.

More later...Missy is very patiently waiting for her breakfast. I am hungry too.

This is the latest photo about the house my son and daughter-in-law are building. These are the floating shelves around the bar.

Nice, aren't they?

More even later...

Scott sent me a photo of their front door after it was stained.


  Pretty good looking, huh? They're getting close to the closing. I think it's Friday.

Fireplace almost finished.

Neat fireplace. Lots of charm.

All four cakes are here now. Phyllis was the first to bring hers and then I baked mine. Karan brought hers after lunch and Bob brought his when he came while I was at the market.

I had chaplain duties this week. Today while I did not have my phone with me, the hospital called and needed me to be on stand by.    I dressed to go to the hospital but when I called them back the family had gone to lunch. I changed back into my work clothes and an hour later they called again and needed me to come. I put on my better clothing and went right up.  They had to make the decision to "pull the plug" on their loved one.  They needed me to pray with them. I did that and then came on back home after I expressed my condolences. I have one more day to serve. I will do the worship service tomorrow after we get home from lunch in Independence.

When I got home, I changed again and went to the market. I had quite a grocery list. When I got home, Bob had come and brought me his gorilla tape and picked up the cashew chicken I offered him for his supper.

I am now working on redoing Mildred's step stool. I was all ready to paint when the wind came up. So I put everything away and will do it another day when it is calm.

Bob is not coming back tonight. He will stay home. I will take my bath and put my PJs on in a little while.


Sister--Three said...

I love everything about Scott and ginger's house!
It is all so unique and perfect.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I agree. They are really wanting it to be unique.