Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday and Another Bad Night

This illness, whatever it is, seems to be worse at night. I woke up at 3:00 AM this morning with spasms of coughing. It went on until 4:30, when I finally just got up. I drank a couple of cups of water in an attempt to thin it out. I think I will go up to Urgent Care this morning and be sure this is not pneumonia. I have to go to the bank to get some money anyhow and  also to Medicine Shoppe to pick up my thyroid med. Then I'd better stay away from people until I know what I'm dealing with.

Bob must have had second thoughts. He did not come over last night. I'm sorry I went to lunch with the group from church now. I hope no one gets whatever this is.

I am in the process of thawing a sirloin pork roast and I will put it in the Slow Cooker and just cook it for later.  I thought I was on the mend when I thawed it yesterday evening. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe I can catch a nap later this afternoon. I fell asleep in the recliner last evening watching the Tony awards.

I haven't heard from Scott or Ginger. I imagine they are very busy with their move. Ashley, my granddaughter, called last night and I learned they had moved this past weekend. We talked a long while. Finally Leslie attempted to contact me and I had to hang up to see what she needed.  If I am able, by then, they need me to drive out to their place and stay with the girls until John or she comes home from work. Jeromy and Marlene are planning another week's trip and they want the girls to stay with John and Leslie while they are gone. Both John and Leslie are working now so that must be somewhat inconvenient for them.

More later...

I went to Urgent Care this morning and the doctor there diagnosed it as a sinus infection with a terrible drainage and cough. She gave me a prescription for a codeine cough syrup and some antibiotics. That was almost $70. worth of meds. I hope they work so I can sleep at night.  Surely I will be over this mess in a day or so. I took a dose of the cough syrup fifteen minutes ago but so far it hasn't helped.  Maybe it takes a while to kick in.

I've killed two wasps here on the carport this afternoon. I don't want them flying around where I am sitting. Missy took off around the corner when I got out the fly swatter to get rid of them. I had to go find her again. I threatened to take her in the house if she insisted on running off every time I am distracted.  Needless to say, she came back.

More later...


Sister--Three said...

Hope that medicine kicks in and gets you well fast!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Sister-Three. I am some better today. I got a better night's sleep.