Friday, July 1, 2016

A Birthday and a Trip to Owasso

I woke up twice in the night again last night and really never got back to sleep after 2:30. The second time was at 4:00. I finally just got up at 4:30. I'm having a terrible time sleeping again. I hate to do it but since the cough is back with a vengeance, I may have to start taking the cough medicine again. least at night.

Today is my daughter's birthday. She will pick me up at 9:00 and we will go to Owasso, just south of Tulsa, for lunch and shopping. I hope the rain that is forecast will wait until later. I may have to take some old shoes. I sure don't want to wade in the rain in my good ones. I will take my umbrella.

Missy is patiently waiting here nearby. She is ready for her breakfast but she is really hoping to get outside again this morning for awhile. I want to wait until daylight to take her out.  First I want to feed her and have my breakfast and coffee and watch the weather on TV.

I'd better go get us both fed. I have lost three pounds with this mess I've been fighting. I can't afford to miss a meal. All I had last night was a small bowl of peaches.

More later...

Well, about quarter til 6:00 it finally got light enough to bring Missy outside. She is usual. Poor cat stays cooped up all day and all night in the apartment. Her only break outside is close to 6:00 in the morning when it gets light enough to bring her outside.  Sometimes she's good and sometimes she waits for me to become preoccupied and tries to sneak off.  I understand her feelings. Over on Catalina, when we had our own home, she was allowed to roam the neighborhood. Here she has to stick close by. She loves to watch the birds. She can no longer catch them like she did when she was young. She used to kill my birds and eat them quickly before I could get them away from her.

She just ran off again and I had to go fetch her and carry her home. I put her back in the house for a lesson. Now I'm covered with cat hair too. She was really angry! She hissed and spit at me and growled. Now she is pawing at the door...wanting back out. I'll let her stew a bit before I let her back out.

Darn cat!

Well, I let her back out for awhile and then Leslie came.

We put her in again and left for Owasso.  We had a nice visit going down and Leslie shopped for new shoes and I just went along for the ride. We ate at Olive Garden and got an extra tea to take with us.

We listened to her radio on the way back and visited some more.

She let me out and left to get home.

This is the very latest photo of my son Scott and his wife, Ginger's new home.

Pretty isn't it?

No comments: