Friday, July 8, 2016

Friday Again and Exercises

I guess I will go to exercise class again this morning. My cough is almost gone. I slept until almost 5:00 without cough syrup. Missy is patiently waiting for me to finish this so I will get her breakfast...and mine. I am dressed and even have the hearing aid in correctly and it took me awhile but not as long as the past three mornings. Maybe I am getting the hang of it.

We will have pork chops for lunch with fried potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring another salad. I have pudding for dessert but am finally out of cookies. Pudding will have to do.

More later...

By the way, here's another photo of the pool area.



It ought to be neat when they get it finished.

More later...

Ten police officers were shot in Dallas last night. Five died. Several were shot in the back. This is our own private war, it appears. What a tragedy! I understand the anger after what the blacks have gone through lately, but that is not the answer. Killing police officers will only make it worse.

We have a 60% chance of rain  today and about the same tonight. In fact, the weekend looks wet.  That's too bad. Our church family camp starts tomorrow and my daughter and a friend are going. Bob and I and another couple intend to go on Sunday. I didn't plan to attend all week this year....only Sunday. They raised the registration fee a lot and my car insurance and apartment insurance are due this month. That's just too much for my budget.

More later..

Missy is being pretty good this morning. She has attempted to wander off a couple of times but when I called her back, she came back. She loves being outside and looks forward to it every morning.  She likes to listen to the birds and lay in the grass. She is lying on the doormat now just enjoying the outdoors.

More later...

Missy's favorite spot...in the grass outside.

Well, I spoke too soon. The ornery cat made a run for the other side of the apartment  and I had to chase her down with the broom. She was very unhappy about that and hissed and spit at me all the way back. I made her come in the house after that. As smart as cats are, you would think she would finally observe the rules...but not Missy. She has a mind of her own.

More even later....

After exercise class it began to rain. Right now it's just sprinkling but it's suppose to storm with hail. Luckily, I have a car port and can protect my car.

I have the baked marinated pork chops in the oven and they will be out in about fifteen minutes. In the meantime, I need to get the potatoes going and the corn in the microwave.  So, it's more later again...

Well, dinner was alright but that meat was  a little dry. Too much oven time , I guess.

Bob came over and had dinner and then we tried to forward his birthday deal from Sirloin Stockade to me to print off. It only printed a small part of it. I then tried to install my printer on his little notebook.  That installed but was in "error" and would not print the test page. I couldn't figure it out. I tried rebooting and even pulling the plugs on the printer. But nothing made the printer respond to the print command. In fact, back on his e-mail there was no "print" button to be found anywhere. It was a mystery to me. I finally just deleted it from his notebook.  A real mystery!

More again later...

I made cookies this afternoon so I am tired. I've been on my feet most of the afternoon.  And I heard from the manager of Sirloin Stockade and he will honor the part of Bob's birthday coupon that we were able to print off on my printer. It's good to actually know the manager. That is the advantage of a small town.

Bob just came in and is reading the paper now. We will watch the CBS news and then Brooks and Shields on PBS. I really enjoy their commentary and I have converted Bob to them too. :)

More later...

This is my daughter-in-law's dog. When she leaves for work, he is just lost.



Pitiful, isn't he? And though very tired an hour later...he's still keeping the vigil.



I advise my son to make friends with him. My DIL works a lot.

Bob went home at 7:00. I watched two old episodes of "All in The Family"  and then just gave up and went to bed.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Your son's home is dreamland!!