Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Tuesday and Hair Day

I will get my hair done today, thank goodness! It looks terrible.

I went out to Leslie and John's yesterday afternoon and last night to watch the little girls, (my greats) shoot off their fireworks. Leslie made some homemade ice cream and I enjoyed that.  It had been awhile since I'd had any.  I stayed until 9:00 but just couldn't make it any longer so I didn't see the night works.

I had a terrible night last night. I was completely exhausted when I got home. The coughing does that to me. I went to bed as soon as I had my bath and put my p.j.s on but awoke and hour and a half later with terrible foot and leg cramps and an awful coughing spell. I tried simply walking it off but that didn't do a thing to help. I finally got up and checked the cabinet in the bathroom and found the pills they gave us at the senior center for that foot and leg cramping. I took two and then I went to the kitchen and took a teaspoon of cough syrup for the cough. I finally got to sleep again and slept until 6:00. I woke up just exhausted and dressed and went to the kitchen and fed Missy and myself. Now we are out on the carport enjoying the morning. What a night!

She found a locust and ate it. I sure hope it doesn't make her sick. She missed the litter box again last night and wet on the bathmat under it. I put it and what laundry I had in the washer this morning and that is washing now.

Just a minute....

I just had to go fetch Missy. She had  wandered over to Marilyn's. From there, she usually tries to get around the corner and on the west side of Marilyn's apartment. I won't allow that. She has to stay in the vicinity of where I'm sitting so I can see her. She is here now lying in the wet grass. She didn't like being made to come back. She hissed and spit at me all the way. I nudge her along with my broom. If that doesn't get her to move on her own, I pick her up and carry her. She hates to be picked up.

It's 7:00 AM now and I will go in and get my Chai.  I'm not feeling much better. Just as I think I'm going to get over this cough, it starts again. So far this morning, I'm not coughing. Maybe the warm drink helps.

Well, more later....

Bob just drove in. He had lost service on his cell phone. His monthly payment was due on the 3rd and he was waiting until today to pay it. They cut him off. Today is the 5th. When we get back from Independence this afternoon, he is going to have to go over to US Cellular and pay his bill to get back on.

He left after to told me what his problem was. He still had to shave before we leave for Independence about 8:20 for my hair appointment at 9:00. I went up to Independence that way yesterday afternoon to be sure the road was open and it was.

More later...

On the way to Independence for my hair  appointment, we stopped at the church and Bob and I put a sign on the door for possible visitors.  There will be no service held locally this next Sunday. We are encouraged to go to the campgrounds for the services there and dinner afterwards.

Then we went on to Independence and I got my hair done and then we went to Great China for lunch. Afterward I took Bob back to Coffeyville where he stopped at US Cellular and paid his bill.  Then I took him home and went over to Stan Wilson's and got fitted for a hearing aid in my right ear. If it works out, I'll work out a payment plan for him to keep it. It is "state of art" and really makes a difference. Now if I can just work out how to put it in.

More even later...

I read all afternoon and Bob came over this evening to watch the news. I sat with Missy in my lap and watched some TV before I got completely bored and took my bath and went to bed. 


Sister--Three said...

Greta's hearing aides were over a thousand each. I hope yours are not that much.
They have made a difference. I could not understand anything she said before she
got them. That evening at home she said--what's that? It was an airplane going
over their house. Insurance would not help with Greta's. I think they should help
pay for hearing aides!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I had an ongoing cough like that once, many years ago. It started as a summer cold. It was wearing me out. It wakened me at night, and was causing me to perspire terribly. Wrung out and worn out, I finally called the doctor to see if there was some kind of stronger cough medicine they could give me, the doctor told me to come in, took one listen to my chest, sent me for an x ray, and it turned out I had pneumonia.

I hope your cough will get better soon.

Take care.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Susie. I had mine checked out at the Urgent Care. I thought it might be pneumonia but it wasn't. Good advice though!

Margie's Musings said...

Mine will be $1500, Sister Three. They are "state of the art". The brand name is ReSound. They will have to be a vast improvement over no hearing aid for me to have to spend that kind of money.