Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Trip to Independence on Hair Day

This is the day I get my hair done. I am looking forward to it because I really need a haircut.

I had a terrible night of sleep. I am having trouble balancing my checkbook this month. For some reason I am way off. I have used Quicken for years but I have gone back over everything with a calculator as well as the bank statement, but so far, it just doesn't balance. I got up at 1:00 this morning and worked on it the rest of the night. I guess I won't know what the problem is until everything clears the bank. Just to be sure I have enough money in there, I transferred some more from my savings last night. I sure don't want any overages.

I will pick up Bob about 8:20 for our trip to Independence. He will go visit his sister, Betty while I get my hair done. Afterward we will eat at Great China.   

I went ahead and ate my breakfast and fed Missy early. 

I brought Missy out on the carport at 6:00.  We will try to stay out until 7:00 when she needs to go in so I can go vote. That little cat that looks a lot like her was out this morning and I had to run him off.  He really stresses her out.

Maybe I can get a nap later. So, more later....

The day got a lot more complicated as it wore on. After my hair appointment and our lunch, my daughter texted me that I would need to do the funeral for the member that died in Joplin. It's to be held in Parsons, 30 miles away on Friday at 1:00.   I had intended to go to the funeral of a classmates who died locally this afternoon but instead I just went in and signed the book. The funeral directer at Parsons called me on the way home from Independence and wanted some information about my title.  The daughter Camilla, also called and wanted me to come to Parsons this afternoon and meet with the family at the nursing home where her mother is living.  So, I drove to Parsons.

I had a good visit with the family and got some personal information and family anecdotes for the funeral sermon. I like to start with talking about the deceased. I have the sermon roughed out except for that material. I will work on that Thursday morning when I have nothing else going on.

I got home about 5:30 and Bob was there watching the news. He had fed Missy her evening treats. He stayed until 7:00 and then I watched the documentary on PBS about Hitler and the 1935 Olympics. I also watched that other documentary called "The Boys in the Boat".  It was very good. Then at 9:00, I went to bed.

No comments: