Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Very Busy Sunday

I woke up at 3:30 again this morning and stayed in bed until 4:00. Then I got up and got around for the day. After I dressed and fed Missy, I made up my coffeecake for the Church School class. Marilyn called yesterday afternoon while we were driving back from Chanute and asked what time our church school took up. I told her 10:00 and church serves began at 11:00. She is coming. I told her to come early at 9:30 and have coffee cake and coffee before the class took up. Then I asked her to go over to Cherryvale with us for lunch. She said she would. Both Bob and I are driving today. He is to work at the Airport Museum this afternoon and will not be going to "Just Us" with us.

After lunch I will take those who go to "Just Us" back to the church to pick up their cars. I will come home and do my newsletters. Then I will bake my apple brown betty for the Living the Questions group this evening.  At 6:40 I will go pick up Gary. Bob will stay here to greet the members of the group and set up chairs. After the meeting, I will take Gary home and come home and get ready for bed. It will be a very busy day.

Whew! I'm tired already.   I will get the coffeecake out of the oven. Maybe by then it will be light More later...enough to take Missy outside.

I took Missy out for awhile at 6:00  but she was determined to roam so I finally just made her come in at 8:00. She's more trouble then she's worth today. I get tired of chasing her around.  I'll go back outside to water but I'm not taking her out again. I have an hour to get that done.

I noticed in the obits this morning that I have lost another classmate. I put out an e-mail to the classmates about it.

I got to Church School later then usual. I cut the coffee cake and Bob had made coffee so everyone seemed happy about that. The class went well. Marilyn was running a little late too.

The worship service was good.  Leslie did well.

After church I helped one of our guests load the groceries into her car. We also paid her electric bill. her husband is out of work. He was laid off and is looking for something else now.

When I got to my car I couldn't find my keys. I searched everywhere and even went back through the groceries we had loaded in her trunk. Finally I asked Karan to drive to Cherryvale and I just left my car in the parking lot. She would come back after lunch so Marilyn and Phyllis  and I could pick up our cars but she was going to have to bring me back to the church after  I got my second set of keys. What a mess!

Following lunch, I went through my purse once again and Voila! There were the keys! I was so happy!    Everyone else was too.  They were buried in the bottom of my purse. And I carry a small purse. Amazing!

Anyhow, Karan didn't have to take me back to church. I have worked all afternoon on the newsletters and the apple brown betty. Then I made a quick trip to Braum's to get the vanilla ice cream to put on the apple brown betty.

Bob will be here in thirty minutes to watch the news. Unfortunately, there's a golf tournament going on until 6:00.  Then there's 60 Minutes....probably mostly a rerun. At 6:40, I will go to get Gary.

After the class breaks up it will be 9:00 and I'll take Gary home and take my bath and go to bed.

No comments: