Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Tuesday and Hair Day

Today Bob and I will go to Independence to get my hair done and I need to get some makeup base and mascara too. The only Merle Norman business in the area is up there and I have worn only Merle Norman makeup since I was 27. If they ever close, I don't know what I will do for makeup.

We will eat lunch at Great China while we are there. I need to go to Bartlesville sometime this week to get some underwear before my trip to Florida with Leslie and John next weekend.

While I am gone, Bob will come over to feed and water Missy and clean out her litter box. I dread the trip. It will take two days and we will stay overnight in Alabama  before going on to Florida. But I am glad we are driving because flying is an ordeal for me anymore. I have had some horrendous flight experiences in the past.

I am curious to see if the new sink plumbing will leak since they had to completely re-plumb it. I dread that experience too. Bob, the plumber, said not to use it at all last evening. He wanted the cement to set.

Missy is patiently waiting here beside me for her breakfast and so I will finish this later...

We went outside for a couple of hours. Missy loves being outside!

I did my best to clean the carpet in the front seat of the car. It looks much better now.

I got my hair done in Independence and bought my powder base and mascara after Cathy finished my hair. 

We had our lunch at Great China but first we went to Walmart for a few things. I washed my car and vacuumed it out...especially the trunk. I had cleaned that sink while it was still in the trunk so there was a small mess left in there. 

This is the pool at my son's home and they will be taking the fence down after the inspection. They have yet in put the finish on the bottom.

 
 Bob, the plumber, is coming back this afternoon to tighten a few areas. I ran the dishwasher this morning and the plumbing did leak a little.

More later...He and his nephew came about 2:00 and tightened the fitting and stopped the leak. he also accidentally had switched the hoses so the hot water was on the right. He also changed that back to the correct sides.

After that, I mailed off another book I sold on Amazon, bought stamps and a mix for lemon bars for tomorrow afternoon's game day at the senior center. I am spending money like I had some. :)

Thursday I will need to pay my rent. That morning I am having my hair done again. In the afternoon, after Ministerial Alliance lunch, I will go to Bartlesville and get some more underwear. I can use some extra because of this trip. I want to pick up a card for Scott and Ginger for a housewarming gift I am also buying them.

Bob came by about 5:00 and stayed until 6:00 or shortly after. After he left I took my bath and put my PJs on. Missy is lying here at my feet while I blog. There's nothing worth watching on TV tonight. I'll go to bed in about an hour.  Tomorrow is exercise day and also game day. I am fixing hamburgers and french fries for lunch. We have some Coke too.

No comments: