Saturday, September 3, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

This morning I will pick up Bob at 7:00 and we will eat breakfast at Eggberts again.  Then I will come home and vacuum the apartment before I leave for Gay's in Chanute. The arm is a lot better and even the thumb is better. I will try to vacuum with my left hand. I hope I'm not speaking too soon.

I did not sleep well last night at all. I had too much on my mind. I have so much to do before we leave on Monday morning for our trip to Florida. I will probably do most of my packing this afternoon after I get home from Chanute.  I speak at church tomorrow and afterward we will have a basket dinner to celebrate the birthday of one of our members so I will bake a meatloaf for that dinner. I got my cake baked Thursday for Tuesday's church dinner in Independence. After I iced it, Bob took it home to freeze. He will be taking the cakes to Independence next week on Tuesday.   Both Leslie and I will be gone. After the dinner, and we clean up the kitchen, I will come home and do the newsletters. Then at 7:00, I have the Living the Questions group at Marilyn L's home. I will be picking up Gary at 6:40 for that.  Sometime the next morning...probably pretty early, we will leave for Florida.

I got up sometime after 3:30 this morning. I was just tossing and turning. I have fed Missy and she is waiting here patiently for 6:30. It will be a short trip outside this time since I am picking up Bob at 7:00.  Maybe I can take her back outside for awhile after I get home from breakfast.

I got up and wrote an e-mail "letter to the editor" and dressed and did my makeup. I also watched the weather and fed Missy. I heard from Ginger, my daughter-in-law, last night that they had no damage to their place. That's wonderful! They just moved into their new home in July.

More later...

After breakfast, I vacuumed the apartment and after that I left for Chanute. I found Gay and Tony well but Gay was awfully stressed out. Her mom, who lives with them, is 98 and failing fast. Gay needed some friendship support. I got there about 11:00 and stayed until 4:00. I hope I was able to do her some good.

I got home about 5:00 and soon after Bob came over to watch the news. He left at 7:00 or shortly before. I took my bath and watched TV with Missy in my lap. She had been alone all day. I am too tired to pack. I will make my meatloaf for the basket dinner at church tomorrow in the morning. Then after I finish the newsletter in the afternoon, I will pack. I still have Living the Questions group tomorrow evening and will need to pick up Gary for that at 6:40. It will be a huge day.

No comments: