Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

After Karan brings her cake, I will pick up Bob and his cake and go to Independence to deliver our cakes and get my hair done.  Karan had forgotten again. She is very good about appreciating my reminders though.

I slept fairly well last night. I made the mistake of eating a lot of nuts and stuff while I watched the movie. So I ended up taking a couple of Tums before I went to bed. I awoke in the night but did get back to sleep. I got up about 4:30 and dressed and made up my face for the day.

Both Missy and I have had our breakfast. I got some birthday cards in the mail yesterday and some ready to go in the mail for those in our congregation that have January birthdays. I send out birthday cards for the congregation. I think it helps for people to know we appreciate them and love them.

I also packed and sent off Scott's Dell computer to Keith to get it reformatted and ready for Bob. He paid the $20 postage. I meant to send Keith the DVD of my Bob's interview at the Red Cross office after his experience at 9/11 back in 2001.  Red Cross deployed him for three weeks because he had had chaplain training. He worked with grief dogs. Then they sent him back in January of 2002 for another three weeks. KOAM TV out of Pittsburg, Kansas, had recorded that interview and had it archived.

I have been checking out my checking account. It balances so far. I have to watch it closely because I use my bank card to pay for things and then forget to write it down sometimes.  That makes a mess. But it's fine this time.  I get my social security tomorrow. Until then, I must be careful.

More later...

John W., class treasurer, brought by the check to reimburse me for the three ink cartridges I had to buy to put out the newsletter.  I deposited it in my checking account. That will help.

I delivered the cakes with the help of Bob A. and then we went to eat at great China. After that, we took the Tyro road and went out to see the terrible fire damage to Kelly and Melissa's home. It is a total loss.  They are staying with Gene, Melissa's father. He lives nearby.

When I got home, I sent off Scott's Herald and the key to their home. I forgot to give it back to him at the airport.

Now it is 1:00 and I want to read my Reader's Digest.

So, more even later...
I worked on getting Bob's notebook cleaned up and also read my Reader's Digest.

He came over at 5:00 and I was still trying to get all the adware off his notebook. After he left at 7:00, I took my bath and Missy and I lay on the sofa until bedtime. I watched "Pretty Woman" for the zillionith time.

I went to bed at 9:30.


Sister--Three said...

I was wondering if you were having to foot the bill for all that ink.
so glad they paid you back.

Margie's Musings said...

They did and they will foot the bill for next year's expenses too.