Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday and Another Week Gone

Where does time fly? It's another week gone by. Time flies when you get old. Maybe that's because there's so little time left.

Today I will vacuum the carpets. I got the bare floors done yesterday before we left for Joplin.

I slept well last night. I woke up at 12:30 and went to the bathroom and it took awhile to get back to sleep...but I did get back to sleep and slept until after 5:00.

I've made the bed and dressed and fed Missy and myself and watched the news and the weather. It's supposed to be up over 70 degrees today but very windy.  I don't have anything planned for the day except cleaning.

I got the crossword puzzle finished this morning.  I was working on it when Bob came last evening but I gave it to him to read. Then I never got back to it.

I did some laundry yesterday evening. I noticed this morning that both Missy's afghans were covered with cat hair so I ran them both through the dryer on "fresh air" setting and then had a wad of hair to clean off the lint screen.  I should have done that weeks ago. I usually do it at least once a week. But I have been off my usual routine ever since the surgery. It was three weeks last Wednesday. I will be so glad when everything gets back to normal...whatever that is. But I really appreciate not having to find a bathroom everywhere I go.  I believe the surgery was successful.

More later...

I went to the market and forgot to get my frozen french fries. Now I will have to go back. I took a list but left it in my purse. Dumb! Dumb! Dumb!

We are having Sloppy Joes and french fries for lunch today.  I have grated the onion in preparation for making the sloppy Joe mix. I have thawed the ground beef too.

More later....

The Sloppy Joe's turned out well and after Bob went home after lunch his daughter, Denise, came looking for him.  He did not go straight home. She stayed awhile and visited but then after I texted him she was looking for him, he said he was home now. She went to visit with him.

I lay on the sofa with Missy and rested while watching TV.  Later I finished reading the new Readers Digest and when the newspaper came, I did the crossword puzzle.

He came back in the evening to watch the news and watch Brooks and Shields on PBS.  After he left, I took my shower and Missy and I watched TV until 8:00 when Missy and I went to bed. I was very tired.

No comments: