Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Tuesday and Hair DayI

I slept very well last night! That's strange.... since I went to bed at 8:00 again. I awoke at 12:30 and went to the bathroom but got right back to sleep.  Then I woke up once more at 4:00 but again, I got right back to sleep.

I have loaded the cakes into my car trunk already. I have also got myself ready for the day and fed myself and Missy too. And it's only 6:25.

It's supposed to be 79 degrees today...on February 7th! That's unbelievable! We have not had much winter yet. The coldest weather was in January.

I will pick up Bob at 8:20 this morning to take the cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church and then go for my hair appointment. Afterward we will kill some time until 11:00 when we will go to Big Cheese for a pizza lunch.

Keith's deposit came in this morning and he gave me more then usual. That may be a mistake. I contacted him by e-mail to tell him about it. I don't get my social security until tomorrow so I was really happy to get his deposit.

I had a problem with my range yesterday. It didn't seem to heat right. The lights showing that it is heating  did not come on. It was heated a little but at the end of the time for my cake, the cake was still not done. I raised the heat to 375 degrees and still the lights did not come on so I raised it to 400. The lights still did not come on. Finally after overtime, I tested the cake again and it appeared to be done so I took it out and set it on the rack to cool and later iced it. I don't know how it came out. I will alert Barbara about it at the church so she can check it out when they cut it. I hate to have to call a repairman. This is the glass top that Cyndi gave me and it might be very expensive to repair.  Betty, my landlady, would not have it repaired.

I was telling Karan about it and turned it on and this time the lights came on. I don't know what is going on. It's a mystery!

I don't have a plan for today.

We delivered the cakes and I had my hair appointment and then we went to Walmart to do a little shopping. Bob only wanted gum and soap and I only wanted oleo.   So we then went to Big Cheese and waited in the car for the place to open. We had a good pizza and a drink there.

I took him home and then went to wash my filthy car. It looks much better now. I used Armorall on the inside too.

When I got home Missy was glad to see me. I will lay on the sofa now and rest.

More later...

I got some rest but did not go to sleep. Bob came over early but he left at 6:30. I took my shower and stayed up until almost 8:00 but was so tired  Missy and I went on to bed. 

No comments: