Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday and Dinner Here Again

I did not sleep well last night. I went to bed too early and woke up before midnight. About 1:30 I got up and took a Zeequil dose. Then I slept late. I didn't get up until 6:00, which is late for me. Missy and I have both had our breakfasts now and I am watching the weather and news. Yesterday was almost like spring at 71 degrees.

Today will be colder and windy. But the springlike weather is not finished yet. Later this week it will be up to 70 degrees again.

I don't have a plan for today except to cook lunch. We will have chicken tenders and boiled potatoes with a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I don't have a plan for dessert.  We finished off the apple brown betty with vanilla ice cream last evening. However, Marilyn R. brought me a half dozen cookies and that inspired me to bake some too. Then we had mixed fruit with some cookies for dessert.

We plan to go to Joplin tomorrow and eat at Olive Garden. We will also walk the mall over there. I am getting stronger all the time. Today is three weeks since my surgery. It will probably be another three weeks until I am back to normal...whatever that is.  I do not intend to go back to see the doctor that did the surgery. I am so unhappy with him. His surgery was good but his patient relationship is deplorable.

More later....

We did have lunch and it was good.

Afterward I went out to Walmart and bought the few groceries I needed and then stopped at Brahms and bought milk too. Then I came home to have a nap. Missy and I napped off and on until 4:00 when I waited for the newspaper to come. It usually comes by 4:30.

I read the newspaper and later Bob came over.  We watched the news and finished off the vanilla ice cream. After he left I took my shower and Missy and I watched TV until 8:00...when we went to bed.




No comments: