Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday, Exercises Again and the Oscar Flub

I slept very well after staying up so late to see which movie won the Oscar. I thought it was La La Land and went to bed. But there was a major mistake or two. La La Land recipients corrected the error. They said it was Moonlight that actually had won and not La La Land and there had been a major error.  The winning movie cards had been mixed up with the Best Actress card! What a mess! Also a woman who was very much alive had her photo shown commemorating those who had passed away this year. The name was correct but the photo was wrong.

I will go to exercise class this morning and also pick up Bob. He drove to church and to Cherryvale yesterday.  We will have the rest of the chili for lunch...with cheese and crackers and Fretos.

Afterward, Marilyn R. will come over to discuss her car insurance with me. I got mine out to compare with her coverage. I am torn. When I get my car paid off, I am considering dropping everything except liability and comprehensive. The insurance companies will only pay for the blue book value of the car in the event of a collision. My Honda Civic is 9 years old and even though it only has 69,000 miles on it and is clean as a whistle, it is only worth between $5,000 and $6,000 in the Kelley Blue Book and obviously I could not replace it without going into debt.  ( I had paid $12,500 for it four years ago) My Bob always said when you drive a car off the lot, you lose thousands. My insurance runs $292.26 a half with full coverage. That's almost $600 a year and I always have to take money out of my dwindling savings to pay it. I am almost ready to take the risk myself. I tried to talk to my daughter about it last evening since she used to be an insurance agent but she was busy and couldn't really take the time to discuss the options much.

That's all the plans I have for the day. If it would warm up, I would rake the leaves that have fallen since they had been mulched last weekend and bag them but I think the next few days are going to be cold. It was 27 degrees here when I got up at 5:45.

So..more later....

Lunch was fine. We ate our leftover chili and took the last bowl over to Marilyn R. for her lunch.

She came over after Bob left and we went over our car insurance to decide what to do about collision. It really wasn't that much compared to Comprehensive so she is just going to ask the agent why her insurance keeps going up each year while her car gets older and they would be paying less and less to pay her if she had a collision since that is based on Blue Book value. Mine goes down each year it as it gets older.  

Anyhow, I rested awhile after she left and then went to the post office to send Scott the church's Herald. I had read it.

After awhile Bob came over to watch the news. He left at 6:30 and I tried to stay awake but gave up at 8:00 and Missy and I went on to bed.


No comments: