Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day and Juanita

I will go to Independence today to get my hair done and afterward go to Juanita's to balance her checkbook and Bob will go too to visit his sister Betty while I am doing that. After that we will have lunch at Great China. When I get home I will remake my bed and clean the bare floors. I may even get that done before I leave.

I slept pretty well last night considering I went to bed at 8:00. I did get up at 4:30 and stripped my bed and washed my sheets. I will put them in the dryer in a few minutes.

I got a deposit from my son, Scott. Some of it is for Leslie's Relay for Life. She does that every year for the memory of her dad.  She was definitely a daddy's girl. :)

I will get back to this later. I have to put the laundry in the dryer and also Missy is lying here patiently waiting for her breakfast. So...more later...

O.K. Missy and I have both had our breakfasts. I am dressed and ready for the day. Missy wants to go "out" but it's still dark out so we will not do that yet. I have the laundry of sheets in the dryer now.

Kenny, the property manager from next door who mowed for us last weekend was out last night trying to dig out a place for a small patio for the Russells in front of their front door. He must not be aware that at one time this part of the property was once a parking lot filled with gravel. He worked hard but got very little accomplished. I should probably tell him about the parking lot.

When I built my latest flowerbed, I had to buy a large bag of Miracle Grow and also garden dirt and simply line the area with garden blocks and dump in all that dirt and Miracle Grow. Then I could plant there.  The ground is filled with gravel and it is impossible to dig a flower bed.

 This photo was taken right after I initially did that flowerbed. Notice how small the lavender is here. It is over a foot tall now and I have taken the curve out of it last fall and enlarged it. I also moved that trash receptacle and the blocks under it over by the faucet just south of the back patio. That flowerbed has been mulched with red mulch to match the brick .

I went to V & S Variety yesterday to see if I could rent Hidden Figures. They handle rental DVDs here. I learned that it would not be out on DVD until late April. So I guess I will just have to wait to see it again. I saw it at the theater with Karan after I got back from Florida.

Speaking of Florida, I talked to Scott last week about going back down to see them again. Earlier when we talked about that I had suggested perhaps going back in May around Mother's Day. But Ginger suggested I come down when Ashley walks across the stage to receive her diploma for her bachelor's degree in December. I thought about that and decided to go then. I will get to watch her get her diploma. She is going for her Master's too (she actually graduates with her bachelor's in May but they don't get their diplomas until December) so she will be in school for awhile yet.

More even later....

I went over and helped Marilyn with her computer again in the afternoon. Had really just lay down again to rest when Bob came. He left at 7:00 and I turned on PBS and watched their newshour and after they did not have Nature. They had a program on the undergraound railroad...for Black History month since it was the last day of February.

At 8:00, I could not keep my eyes open any longer and Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: