Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday and Lunch With Gay

It's Friday and I've almost decided not to go to exercise class.I really don't want to bake cookies this morning. I really just want to go to Cherryvale early and look around at the gift shop at the True Value store there. Maybe I will go to exercise class but not stay for the party for Barbara.

I slept well again last night. That's three nights in a row. Maybe venting with Keith helped. I had so  much on my mind that was disturbing my sleep.

Missy is patiently waiting for her breakfast so I will get back to this later. 

I got myself and Missy fed and even got the cookies baked and the bathroom and kitchen floors washed. So I guess I will go to exercise class after all. And I will stay for the party. But I will leave at 10:30 to go meet Gay at Cherryvale.

I see in the news that J C Penney is closing 130 to 140 stores and just selling online. They will offer their employees an early retirement incentive. Wow! That's big news. I wonder what Trump will do to try to save those jobs? Retail can no longer compete with online sales. I imagine soon there will only be online sales everywhere.

More later...

I went on to exercise class and Barbara's going away party. Afterward I left for Cherryvale. Gay and I had a great visit and I bought her lunch. The last time we met, she bought my lunch. After that, we went to their True Value store and she looked for a systemic insecticide to treat her apple tree and grape vines. They didn't have exactly what she needed so when I got home I looked it up on Amazon and sent her the information. I later got an e-mail from her that she had ordered it.  I rested with Missy on the sofa until at 5:15, Bob came and we watched the news and Brooks and Shields on PBS.

I tried to stay awake after Bob left and watch some more TV but there was nothing much on so I took a shower and washed my hair and later at 8:00, Missy and I went on to bed.

No comments: