Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Busy Wednesday with Exercises, Lenten Luncheon and Bunco

I slept very well last night and woke up shortly before 5:00. I just got up then.

Today will be busy. I will attend exercise class at 9:00 and afterward Bob and I will go to Lenten Luncheon at the Nazarene Church at about 11:15. Then I will go to Asbury Village for Bunco. So it will be busy!

Missy wants to go outside so badly but it is only about 28 degrees out there and it's dark. If it warms up next week, I will take her out. She loves going outside but at 14, it has to be mild. By next Monday it will be 84 degrees again. Then I will take her out.

Tomorrow I will clean the apartment. It will really need it by then. Missy has cat hair all over the daybed and that will need to be vacuumed again. And tomorrow we will have our goulash again with garlic toast and salad. We need to finish that up.

Friday I will have lunch with an old friend from my Caney days, Nancy R. I am looking forward to that. I may miss cinnamon roll day but that can't be helped. I need to be in Caney at 11:30.  And it's 30 minutes away.

More later....

I am back from the Lenten Lunch again. The First Christian Church had the meal and we had a choice of beans and cornbread or veggie soup. Since we just had beans and cornbread, we chose the vegetable soup. It was very good. The speaker was pretty dynamic Catholic priest. He was young. Although most of these ministers are pretty fundamentalist they are still very nice...especially Mark.  Mark always gives me a hug when he sees me. He is a Church of God pastor and extremely nice!

The sun has come out and it is a little warmer. It is up to 40 degrees now. 

At 2:00 (or shortly before), I will go out to Asbury Village and play Bunco this afternoon. So I will get back to this later...

Well, I won the door prize at Bunco. It was great fun! I really enjoy the fellowship. It almost time got the newspaper to come so I need to get back to this later...

When I got home it was late. I went to the market and bought a Journal. That was a waste of fifty cents. There was nothing new in the paper. It's only published twice a week and everything it in is already been in the Independence Reporter...which is almost as bad.  It is, however, published fine days a week.  Those papers are the only way to stay up on local news. We used to have a first rate radio station here but it too has deteriorated into a joke.

Soon Bob came over to read the paper. By then the Reporter was here so he was able to read both of them.  

When he left at 6:30, I took my bath and watched the PBS  "Nature" show on TV with Missy until 8:00 when Missy and I just went to bed.

No comments: