Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day and a Movie

I slept very well last night and didn't get up until almost 6:00 AM...which is late for me. (yes, I realize we are in daylight savings time and it's actually 5:00 AM at that time). I guess my body runs on daylight savings time.

Anyhow, today will be something different. I will go to Independence alone and come right home after my appointment. My brother-in-law, Bob, will be on his own for lunch. My daughter texted Karan and me yesterday and asked us if we wanted to go to Bartlesville and see a movie. Of course, we did. So I will pick Karan up at 10:30 and we will meet Leslie at Tyro and leave my car there in the parking lot at the school and go with her to Bartlesville. There we will eat lunch and then go see the movie at 1:00. The movie is "The Shack". I read the book a while ago but it was so long ago, I do not remember it.

Tomorrow, Bob and I will go to the Lenten luncheon at the Nazarene church.   So it will be Thursday before we get to eat our leftover meatloaf and baked potato then Friday we will have the leftover goulash with garlic toast.  Since I cooked so much last week, I will not be cooking this week. :)

More later.....

I picked up Karan right about 10:30 and we met Leslie at Tyro as arranged. Then she drove us on to  Bartlesville where we had lunch at McCalister's. After that, we went on to the movie, "The Shack". It was very good with lots of great lessons we could all use in life. Some of it was Process Theology so I could overlook the parts of it that I don't accept as valid theology. :)  It was well worth the trip and the money to see it. After the movie, Karan wanted to go to Christopher and Banks and shop. She and Leslie both bought some clothes.  I didn't need a thing so I didn't buy anything. Leslie did buy me some sale earrings though. That was sweet of her.

We also shopped for a couple of cards for the folks who will help us with the worship service in Independence, Missouri at the church's Temple on the 26th of this month. One will be the organist and the other will be the speaker that day.

I missed a call from Nancy R. an old friend, from Caney, because we had our phones turned off in the theater.  I called her back when I got home and she suggested we have lunch soon. We will do that this Friday. I am looking forward to that. We worked together the couple of years I worked at Blackledge Furniture Store in Caney back in the 70's. She was the daughter of the owner.

Jean P. called and wanted to help help with the bloodmobile for the Red Cross to help Karan and I agreed to do that. That is next week and every two months following that. 

I fed Missy her treats and lay down with her until 9:00 when I took my bath and at 9:50, got ready for bed.

It was a good day and a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my daughter and a good friend.

I went to bed at 10:00. I hope to sleep well.

No comments: