Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday and Another Very Busy Day

I slept very well last night. I did get up in the night twice and while up, I took the med for my thyroid problem. It's supposed to be taken on an empty stomach.  I finally got up for good shortly before 5:00 AM. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and I have had my coffee and my Chi.

This morning Bob will pick me up for exercise class around 8:45 and afterward we will go to Utopia for cinnamon rolls and Utopiachinas. Karan and I always have the Utopiachinas with our cinnamon rolls. They are tasty! After that, Bob will bring me home and I will start for Caney to meet Nancy R. for lunch.  Afterward sh and I  will have a "catch up" visit. It has been several years since I have had a visit with Nancy. For a couple of years, back in the 70's we worked together at Blackledge Sales Company...a high end furniture store.

Bob will be on his own for lunch today.

I may get the rest of my dusting done when I get home from that. I started it yesterday but played out before finishing.  It is supposed to rain this morning. I hope it waits until I get home.

I am doing a small load of laundry now. I decided I had time enough before exercise class to get it done. 

It's 7:20 now so more later.....

I went on to exercise class when Bob came by to pick me up. Afterward we did go to Utopia and had a good visit with the group that meets there from the exercise class. When Bob took me home, I started for Caney to meet Nancy.  We visited for awhile and then went up to the Mexican restaurant  downtown for lunch. Nancy bought my lunch but only after I told her that I would buy our next lunch. We had a good visit. Unfortunately I did most of the talking.   Finally after lunch I realized  that and began to ask her about her son and his family. I stayed until 5:00. I tried to leave several times but she insisted I stay awhile later.

I got home about 5:15. Bob was already at my apartment  and had given Missy her treats. He stayed until 7:00 and after he left I took my bath and lay with Missy on the sofa until 8:30 when I went to bed. Missy joined me in a little while.  I could feel her jump up on the bed.


Carol said...

Margie would you be willing to share your recipe for beans and corn bread?

Margie's Musings said...

There's really nothing very difficult about it, Carol. I buy a pound package of Great Northern beans and wash them and soak them overnight in cold water. Then I drain them in the morning and put fresh water on them (about three inches above the beans) and cook them at setting number 5 in my slow cooker with a teaspoon of salt and a cup or two of bite sized pieces of ham. They are usually done by 11:30. I use a Jif cornbread mix for my cornbread.

Anonymous said...

I think it's Great that you exercise ! That is most important to keep you limber and active

Carol said...

Thanks so much for your recipe. I love beans and collect all the ideas I come across. Your help is greatly appreciated. I read your blog everyday and hope Spring comes very soon to you and kitty.