Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day and Joplin Trip

I knew it was too much to hope! I did not sleep well at all last night! I woke up at 1:00 AM after going to bed at 9:00. I never did get back to a decent sleep but was just in and out of sleep from then on. I ended up just getting up at 4:30. I may be exhausted this evening.

I will go to Independence this morning to get my hair done and then come back home so Leslie can pick me up for our trip to Joplin.

I got myself and Missy fed this morning.  She wants to go outside but it's only 42 degrees out there right now. It's supposed to get up to 69 today but I will be gone to Joplin with Leslie. I did take her out for over an hour yesterday afternoon. 

Right now she is lying on the little rug in front of the door.....hoping I will take her out. It's not going to happen this morning.

More later...

I went on to Independence and got my hair done then went out to the Walmart Superstore there in Independence fora couple of things I needed...kitty litter and wet Swifter cloths. Then I came on back home to meet Leslie for our trip to Joplin. I texted her that I was leaving Independence and when I got home she was just pulling up too. Sher noticed I was not wearing my one caret diamond ring so she asked me to go back in the apartment and get it. She wanted Hertzberg's to tell her what it would cost to reset it for her. I have always told her the ring was hers when I was gone.  The stone had been set in a man's ring for my father-in-law.  My Bob had had it resent for me and gave it to me when Keith was born. Then we left immediately for Joplin.

The first thing we did was stop at Olive Garden and have a salad for lunch. My daughter is on a very strict diet to lose weight and she has done very well. I believe she has lost 40 pounds and wants to lose 10 more....but she's stuck. When you are trying to lose weight, you get to a plateau where you can't seem to break through. That's where she is now.

She picked three mountings that she liked. The one I liked best was $3,360 and the one she liked best was $6,300. One was eliminated because the mounting was too small for the stone. They all had a lot of extra diamonds in them and that's why they were so expensive. She decided against doing it right now. They have to pay their income tax this week. But she got an idea of what  those fancy mountings would cost.  I am going to check with Gary here in Coffeyville this afternoon. He may have some pretty mountings that don't cost a fortune.

We got home about 3:45 and the first thing I did was take Missy outside. It was a beautiful day and she had been dying to go out. We stayed out until 4:30 and by then she was ready to come back in the apartment. I read the newspaper and she crawled back up on the sofa and had a nap. Bob came over about 5:15 and stayed until 7:00. When he left I took my bath and put my PJs on to watch TV with Missy.  I went to bed at 10:00 after watching a PBS documentary on the First World War..

No comments: