Saturday, May 27, 2017

Saturday and Oatmeal

I slept rather poorly last night. Missy must have been cold cause she snuggled up to my back and crowded me in bed. I woke up at 2:00 and went to the bathroom and took my thyroid med. I got back to sleep off and on and finally slept until 6:00. I have fed myself and her and taken her outside for awhile. She loves to go out and eat grass.

Bob says he is better today but I still didn't want to take a chance on being around him I just ate oatmeal for breakfast. 

I am not sure what to expect today.  Sometime today we are supposed to get rain and perhaps hail between 4:00 and 6:00 this evening and perhaps some even worse weather. I had intended to go over to Caney for their Mayfest but I sure don't want to get stuck in a hail storm or in an even worse storm. I may just stay home and read.

Tomorrow I will preside at church and after church, I am to meet Ed and his wife, Carol, at Sirloin Stockade at 12:30 for lunch. Then sometime Sunday, my cousin's widower, Everett, and his daughter, Tricia, are to drop by for a visit. It will be a busy day if everything works out.  

If  Bob wants, I will share this meal Rick brought me last night. I ate the corn on the cob but I am not in the habit of eating supper so I have saved the meal for lunch today.

My little potted tomato plant is finally growing. It has some blossoms on it  too. Hopefully, hail won't get it. I may move it on the carport this afternoon to protect it.

Here it is:

More later....

Also, here's a later photo of my above ground flowerbed.  I didn't take one of the other one. It looks pitiful after I took almost all the lavender out of it. This photo shows how those lilies are about to bloom  They are all budded up.  You can see the pitiful flowerbed in the background of this photo.

I did take the rest of the food Rick brought me last night over to Bob. I ate all I could of it and had put half of it in a microwave plate for Bob. He is a lot better...has no symptoms at all.  He sounds perfectly normal too. He only had this mess a week and I had it nearly two weeks...really about ten days. 

He will come by later this afternoon to read the Friday newspaper.

So more even later....

I went out to Walmart and bought a few groceries this afternoon. Later, Bob came over for awhile. It rained lightly for awhile and then the sunshine came back

We intended to watch the CBS news but they were carrying the Oklahoma weather on all three major channels.  So he went home and I turned on "The Eighties" on CNN and watched that.  I remember the eighties....they had some very good TV those years. It's a pity but those TV shows are gone forever. Now there's nothing on but nonsense....and dozens of commercials.

About 7:00 I took my shower and washed my hair and then lay down on the sofa with Missy until 9:00...when we both went to bed.

No comments: