Monday, June 12, 2017

Monday and Exercises

I got up shortly before 5:00 and got myself ready for the day. I will feed Missy shortly (she is patiently waiting here on the floor beside me) and myself.

I want to wash both the bathroom floor and the kitchen floor before I leave for exercise class and I also need to water the flowers and the tomato plant. I hope Bob keeps his eye on them while I am gone. I leave for church camp on Wednesday and will be gone until Sunday morning. Karan and I are staying in my son in law and daughter's RV at camp. I will try to take some photos and post them while I am gone if I can get a signal. I will take my laptop.

Bob will come over morning and evening and see to Missy. He will feed her and clean out her litter box and also probably spend a little time with her.  She will not be happy to be left alone for all that time.

Right now I'd better get Missy and myself fed.  More later...

I have fed myself and Missy and watered all the flowers as well as mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors and it's only 7:00. That will be all I do for awhile. I will go to exercise class and then come home and start lunch at 10:30. That pork has to bake for an hour..if I recall correctly. I will fix potatoes and a veggie. Bob will probably bring coleslaw. I will see if I have pudding for dessert. We ate the last of the strawberries last evening.

I took my payment for the hearing aid over to Stan. I only owe $250. now and I want to pay it off next month and be completely out of debt.  That will be so good!

I went ahead and vacuumed everything but the living room. I didn't vacuum that because Missy was in my chair in there and she hates the vacuum sweeper.  

Lunch was fine. We will eat at Great China tomorrow.  Bob and I will be taking the cakes to the First Christian Church in Independence in the morning and my hair appointment is at 9:00. We will probably look around Walmart after that waiting for Great China to open at 11:00.

I didn't have pudding so we had no dessert at lunch. I had cookies but Bob evidently didn't want any of those.  I had one after I got my cake baked. It is cooling now and I will ice it as soon and it is cool.

Missy is still in my usual. She will undoubtedly take it over while I am gone to camp.

More later...

One of my blogging friend's husband suggested she show some of the artwork on their walls and tell about it. So she did that. I can't say mine is artwork but I have some things I really like on my walls.  I will show some of them.

This is a metal sculpture that hung on the wall of my office when I worked as an ad executive for a local radio station between 1981 and 1992.  My boss redecorated the station just before he sold it and when I left, he gave this sculpture to me. It now hangs above the daybed in my den.  I've always loved it.

This hangs in my bedroom. I worked in a dental office as a chair side assistant in the 70's and one of our patients liked her dental work so much that she gave this art to me. She painted it herself and it is signed too.

My daughter gave me this for a Mother's Day gift many years ago. I wish it hadn't had so much glare on it and  you could read it. It says " Mom..No one is more blessed than I to have a mom like you. You're such an inspiration in everything you do." It hangs in my bedroom too.

I have other favorites too. I will share some from time to time.

More news later...

Bob came over at 5:00 and stayed until 6:00. After he left, I took my bath and put my PJs on. Missy has slept nearly all day. I am a little concerned about her. I took her out several times but basically, she just lay on the doormat out there. We stayed out about 20 minutes and then she was ready to come back in.

I plan to go to bed about 9:00...twenty minutes from now. I hope she will come in and get up on the end of the bed like she always does. But her behavior seems very strange.

No comments: