Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tuesday and Cakes

I got up at my usual 5:00 AM and did a load of laundry. Missy had missed the little bathmat that her litter box sets on and so it needed to be washed. So I threw in everything else in the basket as well as my PJs.  Now they are still in the dryer. The bathmat and towels are still in the dryer anyhow.

After that, I fed myself and Missy and then we went out to water the flowers. She stayed close by and I didn't have any trouble getting her back in the apartment. She seems very subdued nowadays. She sleeps a lot. ..more then usual

Before I leave for Independence, I want to run the vacuum in the living room. That's the only room I did not get to yesterday. Missy was in there sleeping and she hates the noise of the vacuum sweeper. I will do it in a little while. It's only 7:00. I have an hour and a half before I leave for Independence with the cakes and to get my hair done.

This is the only photo that I took yesterday that I didn't get on the blog. It too was a gift from my daughter. It says, "What can I give Him poor as I am? If I were a shepherd I would give Him a lamb. If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part....But what I can, I give Him, Give my heart."

She gave that to me years ago. I keep it on my bedroom wall too.

More later...

I got the living room vacuumed. Missy wasn't wild about it but she came in the den while that was being done.

Now the apartment is clean. I will pack for camp this afternoon because I have the invocation to give tonight at the city commission meeting.  We will probably leave early tomorrow morning.

More later...

We got to Independence early enough to deliver the cakes first  before my hair appointment. Following my hair appointment we walked around Walmart and also went through a couple of store downtown to kill some time before lunch. We ate lunch at 11:00 at Great China.

Then I took Bob home and came home myself  to lay down and rest awhile. I did go out and pick the little plants that the bird feeder dropped on my new flowerbed. What a mess! I bagged them up and put them in the trash receptacle. 

Missy wet on the small rug that sets under her litter box again. That's twice today and once yesterday. It has been weeks since she has done that. I don't know what on earth has happened to set her off again.

I guess I will pack since the hearing with Sessions is very dry...nothing like that of Comey's.

More later....

Bob came over for awhile to read the paper and  watch the news. When he left I took my bath and Missy and I watched TV until almost 9:00. Then we went to bed.