Monday, July 3, 2017

Monday and a Funeral for Isabell

I slept well last night...thank goodness. I got up fairly early and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and took her out on the carport for awhile while it was still pretty cool. She loves that. Bob came over around 7:30 to have his rent chucks written. He read the Sunday paper and then left before I had to leave for Independence for my hair appointment.

After my hair appointment, I went out to the floral shop and chose a nice plant for the funeral in Parsons. Leslie will assist me with it.  She will pick me up at 11:00 and we will drive to Parsons and have lunch before we go out to the viewing at 1:00 and the funeral at 2:00. Then she will drive over to the cemetery for the burial service. We will probably not get home before 5:00. It will be another  huge day.  It is supposed to rain this afternoon. I hope we don't get caught in that. It rained at her husband George's burial last year. Luckily I had an umbrella and they had a tent we stood under.  I will take my umbrella today too....just in case.

Obviously, I will not cook today. I invited Bob to go with us but he declined.

More later...

I got my hair done and got back to home before Leslie came. We drove to Parsons and ate at a Chinese restaurant. Then we drove around town some and then she parked and we walked about two blocks and looked in the store windows before going out to the viewing. Then after the viewing we did the service. It worked out fine. The place was packed. After the service, we went to Morehead to the cemetery for the burial. We got back to Coffeyville at 4:30.  We were both exhausted.

More later...the news is on.

Bob came over at 5:00 and stayed until 6:00. I began to read and then remembered the CNN special on "The Seventies" was on so turned the TV back on and watched that until 9:00 when I went to bed. Then all Hades broke loose and everyone in the neighborhood began shooting off fireworks. I could not sleep and Missy was terrified!   She crept under my jewelry armoire and I called the police to ask how long that was allowed to go on. They said 8:00 until 12:00 July 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.  I told them Independence Day was July 4th and I was going to file a complaint with the city since they were allowing all that noise for four days. I think the law should be changed here to keep all that on the 4th of July. Most everyone in this fourplex is in their 80's and we have rights too.

I don't know if that will do any good but this ordinance is nonsense!

It finally let up about 11:30 and I finally got to sleep. Missy crept up on the bed with me and snuggled up. 

No comments: