Thursday, July 20, 2017

Thursday and A Trip to Independence and Bartlesville

I slept well last night once I got to sleep. I woke up once and went to the bathroom but other then that,  I didn't get up until 6:00. Then I dressed and got ready for the day.

It will be a big one. Juanita is nearly blind and it will be 100 degrees today. I will need to keep her out of the heat. She is 96.  It's hard enough on me and I am 81. She will have her pacemaker checked out at the heart center of Jane Phillips Hospital. Actually St. John's out of Tulsa bought them and then Ascention bought them. It's not the same hospital where Leslie and Scott were born. I found that out in January when I had my surgery.

Last night when I took my bath I discovered that my January surgery had failed. I thought it had but Dr. Peaster had checked and said it was fine. But, last night I noticed my bladder had prolapsed even more. I have not had a lot of luck with surgeries in my old age. My left foot bunion surgery failed and now my latest surgery has failed too. I'm not sure I want to have that left foot done over. My body's track record is not very good.

I took Missy out for awhile this morning and I also combed her again. She sheds so badly.  I finally got her to come back in. It is getting hot already.

More later...

I went on to Independence and while there, I stopped to vacuum out my car with their .25 car vacuum.

I had a call on my cell phone this morning while I was in Independence to pick up Juanita for her Dr, appointment in Bartlesville. A man who identified himself as the president of Publishers Clearing House called my cell phone.  He told me I had won second place in the Publisher's Clearing house contest and was going to have a package from UPS delivered. He said the prize was 1.8 million. He asked me if I was home. I told him I was in Independence, Kansas and would not be home until afternoon. 

He had a little accent so I immediately was on my guard. He said his name was David Wagner. He asked when I would be home for the delivery. I told him it would be 4:00 before I would be home. He said the check would be on Wells Fargo Bank and the number on the package was 700505816. He asked if I wanted TV there for the delivery and I said I would rather not. So he said "you want it to be personal and confidential?" I said "yes". He asked my address and zip code. After that, he asked me to read back all the information he had given me. I did that.  Then as soon as I hung up, I called the police and told them about it and asked them to have the policeman on the beat to check my neighborhood.

When I got home. he called again. This time he asked me how close I was to a Wal Mart store and I told him about 6 miles. He told me to go out there and register and that would allow me to escape paying any income tax on my winnings. I told him I did not think that was legal. That any winnings anyone received would be taxable.

He asked me if  I thought this was a scam and I told him I wasn't sure but I would know after 4:00.  He asked me to call him back on the number on my  caller ID  on my phone and I did that. The call cut in and out and I finally hung up. Then I called the police again. I explained why I was calling and they said they would send an officer right out to talk to me. I gave the officer all the information I had taken down.

He asked if the caller had asked for my social security number, bank number or birthdate. I told him "no" I had not given him any personal information. ..just my address. He obviously already had my telephone number. He thanked me for sharing that information with him and he will tell the other officers that scam is back again.  I wanted to let the police know about it so no one else will fall for that scam.

Juanita and I got back to her home at 3:00 and I got back home at 3:30.

It's 4:45 now and no check from Wells Fargo Bank. Darn! :)

Bob came at 5:15 and watched the news with me. He left at 6:00 after the CBS news.

I will take my bath and get ready for bed after I water the flowers on the east side.

I will go to bed at 9:00.


Scott Miller said...

Go to Tulsa get a pro (a real doctor) get it done (blatter). Do not go to bville. Do some research get with Leslie and find out what you two can about who is recommended and middle aged.

Margie's Musings said...

I had pro do it. He is a urologist. It just failed.

Sister--Three said...

Best just to hang up on those calls. At least, that is what I do.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too, Sister-Three. But this was too dangerous to not report to the police so I played along.