Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

I slept very well last night. I didn't get up until nearly 6:00.  I got up and got Missy and my breakfast  and watered the flowers in the front.  I walked down to the Dollar General store and bought some onion soup mix for my roast beef in the slow cooker. I have that on now with the carrots and potatoes.

I will just come back home after I get my hair done and go to the Independence Walmart store. I only need a couple of things now. One is my breakfast granola. I am completely out of cereal.  I finished mine up this morning. Dinner should be done by 10:00 or 10:30. I will put it on warm after that until 11:30 when we eat lunch. Then this afternoon from 3:00 until 6:00 I will work seating donors after they give blood at the Red Cross bloodmobile.

More later....

I called Dr. Webb's office to get an appointment on August 7th to have my left foot bunion repaired. They put me on the list that day but said I would have to have a form from my doctor that said I was in good enough shape for the surgery.  I told the nurse I had an appointment with my Dr. the week before the surgery and would have that documentation. She asked me who my doctor was and I told her. She said he was not on the staff of their hospital and I would have to go to a local clinic called "The Gap" to get that certification. They will charge me $20.00 for that.

Strange! Very strange. I've never heard of such a thing. I called The Gap and they said I would just have to sit and wait until they could "work me in".  They also said that was a very busy day and I might have a long wait. They wouldn't give me an appointment because I wasn't one of their "regular" patients.  I called Dr. Webb's office  again to see if Dr. Peaster could sign that form for me since I had just seen him just a couple of weeks ago. They said they would have to ask Dr. Webb and get back with me.

Back again later with this saga.

The doctor's office never called me back so I went on to the Red Cross and worked until 6:30 escorting people who had given blood to the table for nourishment.

Then I went on home and took my bath and laid down with Missy on the sofa to watch TV. Bob had come over and read the paper but had no idea how long I would be so he was already home when I finally got home. 

I went to bed about 9:30. I was very tired.

1 comment:

clairz said...

It's crazy that you have to go through all that to get ready for surgery. I should have thought that your own doctor's word, regardless of whose staff list he is on, would be good enough. I know I sound like a cranky old lady, but I can't understand why our country has so much trouble with setting up a decent medical system for its people. There! Now that's off my chest.

The big heat has broken here in southern New Mexico. We are glad for rain and cooler weather.

I hope all this medical business resolves itself for you, Margie.