Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wednesday and Exercises and Asbury Villiage Bunco

I slept well last night and was up at 5:00 as usual. I got Missy's and my breakfast and took her out on the carport to enjoy the morning while it was still cooler. It was 73 out there.

Then I came in and worked the crossword puzzle in the Reporter.  She is laying here at my feet now. She probably hopes to go back outside but that won't happen. I want to watch the news now.

I'm not sure what we will have for lunch today. I will have to check my recipes and see what I have on hand to fix. I am very tired of cooking. We are having a ham and potato casserole. I went to Country Mart and bought ham and cream of celery soup mix. I already have potatoes, milk, onion and paprika.

I will go on to exercises this morning and then after lunch, go out to Asbury Village for Bunco.  Sometime today, I will call the doctor's office again in Bartlesville to see what they have to say. Probably on Monday I will have to go to Bartlesville to pick up that paperwork at Dr. Webb's office and go sit at The Gap to wait for a turn to see a doctor or nurse to get that paper filled out. That will cost me $20.00. It sounds like a racket to me. They would not give me an appointment and the doctor who fills out the paperwork must be on staff at their hospital there. My doctor is in Coffeyville. I am having second thoughts about even having the surgery.

More later...

After exercise class we went to the Palace doughnut shop and I had a twist. After that, I called Dr. Webb's office AGAIN. This time they said I could get Dr. Peaster's office to fill out the form for me and bring it to them and if it was adequate, they would accept it. Dr, Peaster is at least am MD and not a nurse practitioner. I would think his evaluation would even be better...after all..he did surgery on me in January. I would like to avoid having to wait all morning or afternoon in a clinic waiting room for a nurse practitioner to check my blood pressure and heart. Dr. Peaster did all that in January and just three weeks ago.

Now I have the ham and potato casserole in the oven and it should bake an hour covered and fifteen more minutes uncovered. We will be slightly later having lunch. I will need to put the frozen corn in the microwave before we eat. Bob is bringing a salad.

After lunch, I will go to Asbury Village for Bunco at 2:00 until 3:00.

Lunch was fine. We have enough for another meal. I got everything cleaned up and Bob left and I went out to Asbury Village. We played for an hour. I won most losses and got a large bottle of nice lotion. I can use that.

When I got home, I discovered that I had not received my Coffeyville Journal in the mail...again. I called the woman I had talked to Tuesday about not getting Saturday's paper. She was mystified but told me she would stay until I came back to town and picked up a paper.  She gave me one...again.

Bob came over at 5:20 and we had a small bowl of Butter Brickle ice cream that I bought had bought at Brahms. He left at 6:30 and I took my bath and went out on the east side to water my flowers there. It is 89 degrees this evening. Then I watched TV with Missy for awhile. About 8:30 I came in here to check the e-mail and do this blog. 

Tomorrow will be huge! I will try to pick out Juanita's hair at 11:30. She has not had it done for a couple of weeks because of the hot weather and the fact that her hair dresser has broken her foot. We will leave at noon to go to Bartlesville to her heart doctor's appointment. It will be very hot and we are under hot weather alerts. I will need to get her out of the heat as soon as possible. It will be late afternoon when we get back to Independence. Although she has an appointment, it still takes all afternoon for them to get her worked through. She will be utterly exhausted when I get her home.  I may be too.

This evening, I will go to bed at 9:00.

No comments: