Sunday, August 6, 2017

Sunday and Storms

I slept well last night but awoke after I had a nightmare.  Must have been the Zyrtec I took at bedtime.

It stormed last night. I slept through all of it but I noticed that the desktop computer was down this morning. The other three were fine. I got it up alright and ran Glary Utilities to clear up any damage.

I got Missy her breakfast and had my own. When I dressed and turned on the TV, I learned  that Tulsa had had a tornado last night around 1:30 AM. It was probably an EF 2.

I will go to church school and church this morning and Bob will drive. We are planning on going to the Italian restaurant, the Brothers Railroad Inn, in Independence, for lunch. Bob will also pick up Phyllis and she will go with us.  I invited Rick and Carmen, my neighbors, to come to church but I don't know if they will make the effort with this rain coming down.

When I get home I will get the Crossroads Newsletter out.

More later...

Rick and Carmen both came to church this morning. Rick even helped with the communion. They seem happy with our congregation. The have come for a month.

Bob and Phyllis and I went to the Brothers Railroad Inn for lunch. It  was very good but a lot more expensive. We won't do it on a regular basis. We may go next time to Great China for dinner after church. We all like that.

I have four newsletters ready to go into the snail mail and all the others out in e-mail. Now I am working on my blog. We will be taking cakes up to Independence on Tuesday morning so I will be baking mine in the morning.  We will pick up Sue's at the church's freezer on Tuesday on our way to  Independence for my hair appointment.

I have nothing more planned this afternoon so maybe I will read my new Kindle book.

More later...

Instead, I took a nap. About 5:15 Bob came over to watch the news  and 60 Minutes...which was reruns. He left early to watch the CNN special on comedy at home. I took my bath and laid on the sofa with Missy to watch it too. I wasn't impressed. We finally gave up on it and went to bed at 9:45.


No comments: