Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Tuesday and Cakes

I slept very well last night for a change. I awoke at 2:00 and went to the bathroom and then got right back to bed and back to sleep.

I got up at 5:00 and got myself ready for the day, fed Missy and myself and after seeing the weather, went outside for awhile after I loaded the cakes into the trunk of my car.  I still have to stop at the church to pick up Sue's cake since she left it in the freezer there.

When I took Missy outside for a little while, she seemed nervous and wanted to come back in. She had been sick again last evening and lost her supper. I cleaned it up and cleaned the carpet there. She must have eaten too fast.

I got my paperwork from KUMC yesterday and filled it all out. Now to remember to take it with me to Kansas City next month. That will be the challenge.

I will leave at 8:20 to pick up Bob to go to Independence to deliver the cakes. Then I will go to my hair appointment. After that we will kill some time before going to Great China for lunch.

The flowers are holding up pretty well in this cool weather. I watered the potted ones yesterday. The east side seems to be holding up pretty well after the rain night before last.

This one looks a lot better.

It is really full! I went out after awhile and deadheaded the flowers and watered.

Tomorrow we will have meatloaf and baked potatoes for lunch with veggies and a salad.  Bob will bring the salad.

More later...

We went to Great China after we delivered the cakes and I had my hair done. We also went to Walmart and picked out book bags and school supplies. Every year we take school supplies to an elementary school in Caney, a community 20 miles west of here. They have no organizations to help them with school supplies for their low income families. Here in Coffeyville and Independence several service organizations donate school supplies.

After lunch we came back to Coffeyville and I stopped at the cemetery to check the birth dates on my folks tombstones. I will need that information to get a passport. My mom was born February 8th 1912. My dad was born February 24th 1906. Then I dropped Bob off at his apartment building.  He will take a nap. I might do that too.

More even later...

I did lay down with Missy. I took a short nap. Then the paper came and I read that and worked the crossword puzzle. After awhile, Bob came and we watched the CBS news...alarming as it is.

After he left, I watched PBS and later took my bath and got ready for bed. At 9:00, Missy and I will go to bed. 

3 comments:

clairz said...

It's nice that your flowers are holding up well. Some of mine look pretty good, and I have a Mr. Lincoln rose that hasn't stopped blooming all summer. The marigolds in the raised beds look pretty good but the ones I put in a small planter look absolutely fried. I guess I should have been watering them more than once a day! Hard to keep up when it's so hot, I just want to stay inside except for the early mornings.

I hope that Missy's stomach settles down. I give my cats and dogs a teaspoon of plain yogurt, and that seems to help them feel better. Works for me, too!

Thank you for coming over to my blog, Margie. Your encouragement is just what I need to keep on posting.

Margie's Musings said...

Good idea, Clair. I'll try the yogurt idea. Missy is 14 years old and that may have something to do with it

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Your flowers look wonderful! :)
MY cat throws up too here and there :)