Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sunday and a Rainstorm

I slept better then I had in weeks last night. I had no drainage to keep me awake. Benadryl really works.

I read the paper and also placed a note on Rick and Carmen's windshield  to invite them to church. They may not c0me today if it is still raining at 11:00.  But I invited them anyhow.

I have fed Missy and myself, read the paper and swept the leaves off our carport. I took her out briefly but it was thundering and she hates the thunder. So we came back in. I notice I forgot to put our church brief in the Saturday Journal. It was a terribly busy week so I'm not surprised I forgot something. I got next week's sent in this morning. It comes out in next Saturday's Journal.

This is our speaker from the retreat Barbara Carter.:

She is an Apostle in our church. One of the few women in that position.

So More later...

My neighbors came again to church and just now sent me a piece a special cake. I am saving it to share with Bob A.  We had a very good service this morning and a good sized congregation too even though it had been raining. When your church is in the country, it's not as handy to invite people.

Afterward  Phyllis and I and Bob went over to Cherryvale to Just Us for lunch. Then we came back to Coffeyville and Bob took Phyllis and me home and then went on home himself.

I worked up the newsletter and even sent out a correction. Leslie reminded me that she and Johnna had traded so she and John could go to Roaring River to fish next weekend. Then I baked the cake that we will take to Independence on Tuesday along with Phyllis' and Bob's and Karan's.

I still need to ice it when it cools.

More even later...

I worked on my cake and tried to balance my checkbook. I failed that last job. Then Bob came and I gave it up and watched 60 Minutes. After that, Bob left. I started watching the PBS special on the Vietnam War.

Afterward, I took my bath and Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: