Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday and Exercises Again

I slept well again last night. I got up shortly before 5:00 AM.  I guess getting the driver's license renewal and the passport application out of the way, has helped. 

I have drained the beans I soaked last night, put new water on them, added some salt and onions and have them slowly cooking in my slow cooker pot. I had a little bit of ham and I added that too. I will fix cornbread to go with them.

I will pick up Bob for exercises this morning. I have not attended all week. Monday I had my hair done and then Wednesday I went to Independence to renew my driver's license and apply for my passport. I also went by Juanita's and gave her her birthday gift. She was 96 on Wednesday.

I am still concerned about my friend, Gay, and her husband, Tony.  I will call her sister, Adele, later on this afternoon and see what I can find out.

More later....

The beans and cornbread worked out well. Marilyn R. came and brought Bob some cookies she had frozen and also brought back one of my bowls. I gave her some of the beans and cornbread. She will be leaving tomorrow afternoon for her plane trip to Florida to her son's home. She will be gone for at least six weeks. She is considering moving down there with him and his wife.

Adele returned my call later this afternoon. Gay is still in the hospital and unable to stand on her own. She falls over backward when she tries. In fact, Adele said when she stayed with her Tuesday night, she needed help even getting in bed and getting out of the bed. Her balance appears to be badly affected. They are going to do an MRI this afternoon and I will call Adele again tomorrow. Thank goodness Tony's daughter and husband are her to take care of him. Gay had been taking Prozac and another drug for her restless legs syndrome.  The doctor seems to think taken together they may be the culprit. He will put her on a newer drug for her restless legs.

I laid down with Missy and watched TV this afternoon. It's 3:00 now and the newspaper will be coming about 4:00.

Bob showed up at 5:00 and we watched the news and Brooks and Shields on PBS. 

More later...

I have ordered some glasses that filter out the blue rays of the computers, the TV and the phone. I should sleep better when I get them. 

I laid down again with Missy until time to go to bed at 9:00.

No comments: