Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept really well last night without any pills. I didn't even wake up to go to the bathroom. Amazing!

I will clean the apartment this morning and then Bob and I will go out to El Pueblito for lunch.

Tomorrow I will go up to Chanute to see my friend, Gay. She got up in the night this week and got disoriented and fell and hit her head. She was in the hospital Tuesday and had five stitches in her head. While I was on my trip and her sister called me about it and we arranged for me to come up to Chanute to see her on Friday. She was to get out of the hospital Tuesday afternoon. She was diagnosed with debilitating grief.  She lost her 99 year old mother in September and her husband, Tony, is in dialysis three days a week and is not doing well. She is overwhelmed. She had had the total care of her mom for several years. This year her sister and her husband moved from Houston to Chanute and Adele has been able to help her but she still lived with Gay and Tony.

Gay and I have been friends since we were 14 and 17...a long standing friendship.

But today, I will clean. I'd better get to it. Daylight's burning....

It's 9:30 and I have scrubbed the floors and run the vacuum on all the carpets and upholstery.  I still have to wipe down the cabinets in the bathroom.

Now I need to go to the market.

More later...

I went to the market  and spent $61.66 on groceries. I knew I was out of everything and I figured it could be that much.

I ate lunch at El Pueblo with Bob and then came home and laid down with Missy and took a short nap.

I was wondering if I should still plan on going to Chanute tomorrow to see Gay and I hadn't heard from Adele. So I called her. She was on her way to Wichita. Gay is on her way there in an ambulance. She had a seizure today and the emergency room doctor said she needed to be in the Wichita hospital because there was a neurologist there and tests showed it was a neurology problem and not a stroke. Seizures can be controlled with medication.

Her husband, Tony, is already there in the hospital because he has had pneumonia. He is on dialysis three days a week this year because his kidneys have failed. They are releasing him today to his daughter who is back here in the area with her husband to take care of him while Gay is incapacitated. Tony was having a problem with his dialyses. They took him off of aspirin because they couldn't get his blood to clot.  Then he developed the pneumonia....probably stress related.  That is why he was in the Wichita hospital.

More later....

I am soaking some beans for tomorrow's lunch. I will fix cornbread too. I will go on to exercise class tomorrow and have the beans cooking in the slow cooker while I am gone.  Then we will have cornbread and beans for lunch tomorrow.

I stayed up and watched "This Old House" this evening with Missy. It's 8:20 now so I will play some form of Solitaire until 9:00 when Missy and I will go to bed.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

OH Margie, your poor friend Gay :(

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I am heartsick! Hopefully they will get her stabilized.