Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sunday and Coffeecake

I did not sleep well last night. I awoke at 2:00 and never could get back to sleep. Finally, I just got up at 4:00. I am dressed and have fed myself and Missy. In a little while, I will put together my coffeecake. Bob and I take turns providing the treat for the Church School classes.  We will go to "Just Us" for lunch after church.

This will be a busy week. Because of the trip to Hutchinson for the salt mines on Tuesday, I will have my hair done tomorrow at 8:30.

For tomorrow's lunch, we will have our vegetable beef soup again.

Besides that, Kathy will be on vacation Tuesday and beyond. They are going to Texas to see their grandchildren.

Wednesday I will go back to exercise class. I will miss tomorrow because of the trip to Independence for my hair.

Thursday is always apartment cleaning day.

So more later...the newspaper is here.

I have read the newspaper and made the coffeecake.  It is in the oven now. I think I have about 20 minutes left  for it to bake and then it will have to cool before I ice it. Actually I just glaze it.

So more later...

The coffeecake turned out well. And I picked up Bob and Phyllis F at almost 9:00 and we went on to church school and church. We had 18 even though four of our number were not there. Rick and Carmen were back too. 

After church, we went over to Cherryvale to eat at "Just Us".

Afterward, I worked on my newsletters and also took a nap with Missy.

More later...

Bob came over at 5:00 and watched the news and then 60 Minutes with me. When he left at 7:00, I gave him half of the coffeecake that was left at church. I took my bath and got ready for bed. I will try to stay up until 9:00 since I had a nap this afternoon.

No comments: