Sunday, December 31, 2017

Sunday and No Church

It's 11 degrees this morning and is forecast to be -5 by tonight so the pastors cancelled church. Other churches in our area have cancelled too. We old folks don't really need to be out in this cold....especially those in poor health anyhow.

I call call "Just Us "after while and see if they are going to be open for lunch. Bob and I may drive over there anyhow for lunch. It doesn't seem like Sunday with no church.

They are open for lunch so I made our reservations.  I am not afraid of cold weather. I will take my heavy coat...my jean coat. We will take Joanne B. with us.

I slept well again last night. Maybe my sleepless nights are over. I hope so. More later...

I watched the news until time to go pick up Bob and Joanne.  Then we went to "Just Us" and had a real good lunch..as usual.  We had a good visit too. Joanne is a pleasant person but I think Bob is right. She has a little crush on him. :)

I came home after taking them to their several homes and then went out to Woodshed to get gas. I had a little below a quarter of a tank left.

When I got home, Missy was glad to see me. She evidently had been sleeping all morning while I was gone.

I may go over to the Antique Mall and look around awhile. I see they are open.

More later...

I went out to Walmart and bought two ink cartridges and some premium paper. That paper made all the difference in the newsletter. 

So, instead, I began printing off newsletters. I got twenty or so finished and some in the mail with my own stamps.  John W. called to tell me of another classmate that had died and he would be bringing me the money for the ink cartridges and stamps on Tuesday after the bank is open again.  I added the classmate he told me about to the list and sent the list off to the online classmates.

Bob came over shortly after I finished.  We watched a football game in progress and then part of another before 60 Minutes finally came on. It was primarily a recap of the year's best stories. I had seen most of them. he left before they were finished.   I tried to watch some other programming but I am just not impressed with the stuff I am able to get. In fact, I am not impressed with present day TV at all. That's why I gave up the cable.

It's only a little after 8:20 and I would like to stay up until 9:00.  I am tired of dealing with the newsletters so I will just play solitaire or free cell until bedtime.

3 comments:

clairz said...

Happy New Year, Margie!

Galla Creek said...

Happy 2018!

Margie's Musings said...

Happy New Year to you both too!!