Monday, January 1, 2018

Monday and A New Year!

I slept really well last night again. I am hoping my sleeplessness is a thing of the past.

It was -2 when I got up this morning and it has warmed up to 5 degrees now. If you can call that "warmed up".

I got all the class newsletter envelopes printed day before yesterday and  then began printing off the actual newsletters. I got half of them finished yesterday and today and now I am letting the printer rest and cool down. I sure don't want to lose my printer. I have 75 six page letters to print off. I bought a double color cartridge at Walmart yesterday and have gone through one of them already. If I go through the second one before I am finished, I will have to go back out for another. I need to check the receipt and see what I paid for them. John, our class treasurer, is supposed to repay me for the expense from the classmates account.  I buy the envelopes and paper but the class pays for the cartridges and stamps.  He said he would bring me the money tomorrow when the bank is open. Then I will get them in the mail for those who are not online. I already sent off the ones that were online when I finally finished the letter. I just attached it to e-mail as a Word document.

Missy and I have had a misunderstanding this morning. She wanted up on the daybed behind me to watch what I was doing. I carefully lifted her up (she can no longer jump that high) and she hissed at me. I started to pet her and she swiped at me with her claw out and opened a deep place on my finger. It bled like a stuck pig. I grabbed a hanky and a newspaper and swatted her with the newspaper. I scared her but I am sure it didn't hurt her at all.  It took her awhile to get over the trauma though. When I lifted her up there this time, she was cautious. She seems to be all right now though.

We will have the rest of the goulash for lunch today. I have some more garlic bread and Bob will bring some coleslaw. That and tea will just be it. I am out of green beans. That's the veggie I put with it the first time. There's a lot of tomatoes in the sauce so that will have to be our veggie this time. It's only 10:30 so I don't start warming it up until 11:00.

Tomorrow we will go to Independence so I can get my hair done and cut. While I do that, Bob will go visit his sister, Betty. Then at 11:00 we will go to Big Cheese for lunch.

I hope to get the newsletters finished tomorrow afternoon and in the mail for another year.

More later...

I took this photo off my daughter's facebook page. Those little critters are growing like weeds!

 Image may contain: dog

This is just one of the nine. He is one of the rare three colored ones.

More later...

We had some more of the goulash for lunch and it was good. I had garlic toast to go with it. Then I  made some lemon pudding for our dessert. We still had some of the goulash left over and it was too good to throw away so I took it to Karan for her lunch. I also gave her the leftover garlic toast. I had already given Marilyn some of the goulash and garlic toast the first time we ate it.

Then I spent the afternoon working on printing off the class newsletters.  There were 75 without e-mail and there were 6 pages to print in each one so you can understand why it took five ink cartridges to do the job. Plus I had printed off the envelopes first. It was a big job but it's done for another year. I have assembled it and sent it out for 20 years now. There were four of us that have done it for several years each. I think I have had it the longest. Dean started it right after we graduated. Then a woman from Oklahoma City did it for several years. She passed it on to Shirley and I got it from Shirley.
It's 4:20 now and I have worked on it since 1:00.

It's almost time to turn on the news. I have had the TV and even Alexa quiet all afternoon.

More later...

Bob came over shortly after 5:00 and we watched the news.  He left at 6:30 and I took my bath and put my PJs on and watched TV with Missy until almost  8:30. It had been a grueling day with all the trips to Walmart and printing off 75 letters. I think Missy and I will just go to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The corgi puppy is precious!

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't he? They are darling.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Those corgi pups are such sweet, shiny, well fed little babies.