Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday and a Lost Sunday

I really lost Sunday. I awoke early after not having slept well at all. I made up my coffeecake and I picked up Phyllis F. and Bob A. for church and we enjoyed the service.

Rick and Carmen came after all. Rick had accidentally bit into a bone on Friday and broke off two teeth. He didn't know how that was going to work out so they didn't plan to be at church...but they came. He had bought some medication for pain..."just in case" he would need it. So far...so good. Today he will get into my dentist to get that taken care of. ...I hope.

Later Bob and Phyllis and Karan and Leslie and the little girls went to lunch with us at Pizza Hut so Leslie could come over and help me hook up the desktop computer. While I took Phyllis to her home and Bob to his, she got it hooked up all by herself. She also installed my latest Alexa product that lets Alexa turn on my lamp in the living room. I spent the rest of the day up until 10:00 PM last night configuring the desktop computer with Keith's most valuable help. I got all my favorites on my address line on Firefox and I put all the e-mail addresses in the address book that I had record of but could not figure out how to put those folders in the address book for "classmates" and "congregation".

I got hold of Cox this morning but Joe couldn't figure it out either. Maybe the version of Outlook on this desktop doesn't offer those folders. I don't know. I pestered Keith multiple times last night for help and I hate to even think about contacting him again. So when I want to send out information for either "classmates" or "congregation" I will just have to do it from the notebook computer.

After I went to bed at 10:00, I awoke at 3:00 and never was able to get back to sleep after that. I just got up at 4:30.

What a mess.

More later....I probably won't go to exercise class. I am pretty wiped out. I fed Missy and myself and dressed for the day. I did manage to get the Cox Care downloaded on the desktop computer. So with most things, they can help me. ...just not Outlook's address book.

More later...

My dear old friend, Gay's, husband, Tony, died at 3:00 AM this morning. They had a long time marriage and I know she will miss him terribly. He had been on dialysis for several years and was just worn out with it and wanted to come home to die. They called in hospice. Gay and I have been friends since she was 14 and I was 17. She is my oldest and dearest friend.  The funeral will be Saturday in Chanute and I will be going there to attend it. We have managed to stay in touch all these years. She is 79 now and I am 82.

I did end up going to exercise class  this morning,.

I fixed tuna noodle casserole for lunch and we had some of Marilyn's watergate salad too, I took Marilyn some tuna noodle casserole too. Bob and I will have it again on Wednesday.

After Bob left I went to the bank and also to the library. I had a sack full of empty ink cartridges to donate. They get $4.00 for each one redeemed.

Then I came home and  puttered around all afternoon.

Then in the evening, I took my bath early and laid down with Missy on the sofa to watch the rest of the program on Amazon about the life of Thomas Jefferson.

I woke up some time later and found the story of an architect on. It was after 9:30 so Missy and I went on to bed. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Galla Creek said...

Thinking of your friend!!