Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday and Another Day of Reading.

I woke up at 3:00 and took my med and went back to bed. But I could not get back to sleep. So I got up shortly before 5:00. I got myself dressed and ready for the day. I will feed Missy shortly and I suppose I will just have my oatmeal for breakfast. Bob will probably have breakfast with Joanne. I will save some money this way.

I notice Keith made my deposit this weekend. Bless his heart! That will help a lot with my rent. I didn't know if he would make a deposit for me this weekend or not. He called yesterday evening and talked to me while he was driving. They got off work early yesterday evening. He will be leaving for his next European assignment soon. He will be going to Athens, Greece.

This has been a very hectic week.  Monday, Leslie and I go to Kansas City for my doctor's appointment for my checkup on the surgery. Then perhaps I can get back to my regular routine of exercises three days a week and games on Wednesdays.

Bob A. and I went to Eggbert's for breakfast this morning. I guess Joanne wants us to continue our breakfasts on Saturday.

More later...

I just finished reading former FBI director James Comey's book "A Higher Loyalty". I had watched his testimony before congress and had been impressed with his candor and obvious honesty. I am even more impressed after reading his book. It is actually a biography. Only the last few chapters concern his association and experience with Trump.  He had a very interesting life. Luckily he was also very good at "reading" people and kept memos of his experience with Trump. As soon as he left a meeting, he wrote the memos, made copies of them and left one copy with one of his staff...just in case. He took the other copy home...just in case.  It's a good thing he did. The book is extremely interesting.

He also told some interesting information about the experience he had with the Vice President Cheney during the Bush administration over the torture of prisoners at the Guantanamo prison and some other "black" sites. He and several other beat a path to the hospital where Attorney General Ashcroft was very ill to keep the Cheney bunch from trying to get the very ill Attorney General to sign off on authorization to change the law to allow additional torture of those prisoners.  It is actually illegal to allow torture according to the law. Everyone should read this book.

More later...

I took my shower about 7:00 and after I had my PJs on, Missy and I lay down on the sofa and we watched two documentaries , One was about Jack Lemmon and was very interesting. The other was about Marilyn Monroe.  We went to bed about 9:00.

No comments: