Friday, May 25, 2018

Friday and Juanita's Surgery

I slept pretty well last night. Missy must have done better too.  I stayed up until 9:00PM and hoped that would help.  I got up at 4:30AM

Still she peed on the mat again so now there are four in the dryer. I did the laundry right after I got up. 

I will leave about 9:15AM to go back to Independence to pick up Juanita and take her to Bartlesville to Dr. Holland's office for her surgery at 11:00AM. There are just a few spots on her neck that are small squamous cell carcinomas about the size of moles.  I hope he can do that in the office I simply could not take her to Tulsa. .I don't know my way around Tulsa anymore. And the traffic there is terrible. I am too old to deal with it.

It's almost 6:00AM  now.  I have had my breakfast and fed Missy too.

More later....
 
I left about 9:15 to go to Independence to pick up Juanita to take her to Bartlesville to have her surgery at Dr. Holland's office,  There were two places to be removed and he seemed to do a good job with both. After we left, we stopped at a Sonic in Dewey and she bought us some milk shakes, Then I took her back to Independence. I stopped at Walmart and bought peroxide and Neosporin. to use to clean it and doctor it and at her nurse's office and made an appointment with Jon Rodriguez to take her stitches out on the 6th of June. Then I took her home. We were both exhausted.

Then I called her sister in Topeka  and let her talk to her awhile.  Then I went home.

I took Missy out for awhile when I got home. I am so glad that is over. Now we wait for the lab work to see if he got it all.

More later...

I took Missy out again before the newspaper came and she waited with me for the newspaper. She was so glad to be able to get outside. She is beginning to mind much better.

I tried to get her to come watch "Nature" with me but she was curled up on my bed and I could not convince her.

Leslie called though. She tried to call me while I was in the bath but once again the sound was off...for some strange reason.   I texted her when I thought she would be home and she called again and we talked about their cruise. She and John and Cyndi and Jeff all went together. It was to Bermuda. Sounds like fun!.

Just before I went to bed, I had an e-mail/text from Scott. My flight number out to Seattle had changed and he sent me the new information. I shredded my old information for that flight and printed out the new and put it in my folder.  The flight number was all that had changed.  The times are the same.

I was so exhausted, I went on to bed and got right to sleep. Missy followed me in to bed later.

2 comments:

clairz said...

You are a wonderful friend to Juanita.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Clairz. I try to help her the best I can.I feel so bad for her terrible situation.