Thursday, May 24, 2018

Thursday and Cleaning Day

I slept pretty well last night. Missy laid still most of the night. She must have been very tired too. I got up at 5:00 and made the bed and got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself.

Then I took her outside for awhile. She loves that!  Soon she wanted back in though and is now in on my bed asleep again. That cat sleeps her life away.

About an hour ago I started my cleaning with first the kitchen floor and then the bathroom. Then I vacuumed the apartment using the new Black and Decker vacuum sweeper Leslie bought for me. It is hard to push but does a great job on cat hair. I empty a huge amount of cat hair every time I vacuum. Missy must be shedding like mad.

I don't have a plan for today except the dusting. I am thinking of going over to Caney tomorrow evening for the presentation they are doing with Nancy for all that she did in helping them get the historical museum done.  There were really three of them but both the other two are deceased. The presentation service begins at 5:30 and also includes a dinner (for a donation). I hate eating late but would like to support Nancy. I'll wait and see how I feel after I take Juanita to Bartlesville for her doctor's appointment with Dr. Holland tomorrow. She is to have surgery on her neck for a squamous cell carcinoma (perhaps a cluster of them) and she is 96 years old and blind. I will probably get her home sometime in the late afternoon tomorrow.  I will have to see how that goes.

More later....

I went to the Country Time Antique Mall this morning about 10:30 and looked around until noon and then I went to the former Sirloin Stockade (now Kansas Buffet) and had lunch. It was good and under $10.00 for all I could eat and dessert too. I will probably do that once a week to get veggies and salad....although I didn't get salad today.

I came home and took Missy out on the patio until she wanted to come back in out of the heat.

Maureen came over to return the dish I had taken her some strawberries..she brought me some watermelon too. I haven't had any this year so I was happy to get it.

The only mail I got was an advertisement for White Mountain shoes...the last thing I need. I have a few pair of Clark winter shoes but many pair of all sorts of summer sandals.

More even later...

I sat out on the carport until the paper came and then I did the crossword puzzle before I took it over to Marilyn.

Missy is ready for her treats now...so more later...

She's had her treat and I have had some of the watermelon that Maureen brought me.

Now I am watching the news. At 7:00, I will take my bath and put my pjs on. Then Missy and I will watch some Amazon Prime TV. At 9:00, I plan to go to bed.

More later...

2 comments:

marlu said...

Our Kansas Buffet closed two days ago. No announcement. Just closed. Pretty sad for employees and patrons said it was really a good place to eat! We don't eat out anymore but used to go there when it was Sirloin Stockade. It had been Kansas Buffet for two years.

Margie's Musings said...

Ours has only been a Kansas Buffet a few months. It used to be a Sirloin Stockade too.

One of the restaurants in the mall in Bartlesville closed like that too. No notice at all. My Bob and I used to eat there from time to time.