Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday and a Hair Appointment in Independence

Kathy changed my hair appointment until today so she and her family could take off for Texas where they are going to visit their kids and grandchildren this week and over the Memorial Day holiday.

I will go out to the Walmart store in Independence while I am up there and buy Kleenex and wet wipes. Then I will come on back home. My appointment is at 8:30 so I will miss exercise class today.

Right now, Missy is patiently waiting for her breakfast. I got up shortly after 4:00. I couldn't sleep any longer. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I will fix my oatmeal after I get Missy fed.  It is 5:00 now.

So, more later...

I got everything I planned to get done before I left for Independence. Then after my appointment I went out to their Walmart and bought the few groceries I needed. Then I came back home and got here about 9:45. So, I have the day ahead of me.

I ordered a new book from Amazon to look over for our Church School class. It's another of the Brian McLaren books. They're pretty progressive. I should have it by the weekend and we can look it over before I order any more of them.

More later...

I took Missy out for about an hour...first on the patio and then on the carport. She has been very good..not wandering off. Maybe she has learned  that she gets to go out more if she's good.

Then I fixed myself some tomato basil soup with cheese and crackers for lunch. I always give Missy a tiny bit of cheese. She seems to like it. I will have a Schwan's ice cream bar for dessert.

More even later...

I have read all afternoon and finished one book and began another.

Keith, my older son, called me this afternoon and visited quite awhile. He has been gone out of the country a week or so to Athens, Greece. 

Steve, who mows here for Betty took off work a little early this afternoon to get our mowing and trimming done. I am so glad! It looked terrible. I am used to keeping my yard looking neat even if I had to mow twice a week. We are lucky Betty is having Steve mow once a week. She used to have it done just once every two weeks and it looked terrible.

He is trimming now.

 Image may contain: grass, plant, tree, outdoor and nature
Notice how neatly he trims after he finishes mowing.

Image may contain: grass, plant and outdoor
He does such a good job!  He is a perfectionist and he does it quickly yet thoroughly!

This bottom photo is the front...just off the carport.

Image may contain: grass, tree, plant, shoes, outdoor and nature
I love it when someone takes pride in their work.

More later ...

Juanita called a little bit ago and she has her bank statement. I will go to get her for her doctor's appointment at 11:00 on Friday but I will go at 9:00 so I can balance her bank statement first before we go to see Dr. Holland. She is to have a squamous cell carcinoma taken off her neck. She is pretty nervous abut it. She is to be 97 this year.

More even later....

I got myself ready for bed at 7:00 and Missy and I watched another of the "Nature" series on Amazon Prime.  At 9:00, we both went to bed.




2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

That trimming is work. Mowing is easy!, the yard looks great.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it does! And he does it so fast! We are so lucky to have such an efficient person to keep up our lawn. And, on top of that, he is very nice.